Monday, May 6, 2013

Ahava Love Letter (#52) - Angels & Entertainment"




    
"Angels & Entertainment"

“Let brotherly friendship continue; but don’t forget 
to be friendly to outsiders; for in so doing, some people, 
without knowing it, have entertained angels."
Heb 13:1-2 CJB (Complete Jewish Bible)

Dear family of friends,

To my knowledge I have never entertained angels. Or even seen one.

The most recent time may have been, I might venture to say, when our ferocious, 14 pound Dachshund Zoe Girl martin, though not bigger than a fat rabbit, growled at something she must have seen in our home. With my “naked eyes” I couldn’t. But then she pretends to be the watchdog no matter what size the foe, or friend, she encounters, at first.

As “they” say, when some encounter angels they tend to freeze up in fear. I probably would too. (Except I have Zoe nearby.)

I have always liked angels. Especially my guardian angel, whom I first believed in when I was little. Then when I “got bigger”, I thought it all was a myth. Just like Santa Claus and the tooth fairy became when I reached the  pre-tween era.  Now I have made full circle.

If the Lord Adonai says there are angels, there are angels. You know, “He said it. I believe it. That settles it.”

Why I am writing about angels in this 52nd edition of my Ahava Love Letters? Because I woke up again this morning, at 3:34 am to be exact (I missed the 3:33 marked by a minute!) and the Lord spoke the word “entertainment.”

And so for the next five hours I thought He wanted me to share about all the time we humans spend on personal entertainment. As in watching TV episodes, movie blockbusters, attending dance halls, chasing the beach ball in the sand, or a day at the NASCAR track to see #24 win (hopefully.)

But as I sat down to write, His Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) spoke further in guidance, for us to consider the reality of “entertaining angels.”

Can He be saying that in these last days, we will become more aware of the angelic hosts all around us? Some of them are daily waging war in the heavenlies, as does Michael the Archangel in his protection over Israel.

Or our guardian angels keeping watch over our steps, as the enemy and Adversary of our soul tries to daily bring discouragement, steal our joy, and take us down the wrong path? I think maybe so.

If Zoe sees another angel in our home (I hope she does!), I am going to ask the Lord that He open my eyes too, to see this mighty one of the Lord God of Israel. Or if one comes to my front door, whom I would be able to see in the natural, I want to be quick to acknowledge the purpose of his ministering mission. I want to know how to properly entertain him and receive the message he may be bringing.

Do they drink coffee? I’ll let you know. 

Ahava to my family of friends,

Steve Martin
Founder/President


Love For His People, Inc. truly appreciates your generous support. Please consider sending a monthly charitable gift of $5-$25 each month to help us bless Messianic Jews in Israel. You can send checks to the address below. Todah rabah! (Hebrew - Thank you very much.)

©2013 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc.  12120 Woodside Falls Rd. Pineville, NC 28134      

E-mail: loveforhispeople@gmail.com martinlighthouse@gmail.com

Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People       

Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople and ahavaloveletter 


YouTube: Steve Martin (loveforhispeopleinc)

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  
Tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation.

Ahava Love Letter #52   Date: In the year of our Lord 2013 (05/05/13 Sunday 9:30 a.m. Charlotte, NC)



Zoe Girl Martin. Fierce puppy!


Possibly my guardian angel?!



Zoe in prayer.


She could be an angel. Looks fierce!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA