Contents List

Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

“I Think I Got It” by Steve Martin

Think I Got It

It is a dilemma. Maybe for you too?

For years I have been wanting to have a disciplined, connected life with the Lord, God the Father (Abba as some call Him), Jesus (Yeshua) and the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh).

Reading my Bible daily, a chapter from the “Old” and “New” testaments, maybe a Psalm, add on one or two devotionals…and pray in tongues for those He gives me. And…listen to my worship song playlist.

The best time for me, for all of this, is before the sun comes up. Quiet. Slow. No distractions.

Often I connect with them, the Three. Sometimes I struggle and think, “Is this just too much routine? Is it really worth it and lasting? Do they really hear me and my heart?”

But most important, do I connect with their heart? Their prayers? Their vision?

Of course I have read many biographies of saints gone by…both in the Bible and those whom followed in their footsteps over the centuries. Even the ones in our day. All the while wanting to be sure I am connecting with the Lord.

I think I got it. After about, say, 50-60 years.

Our Father wants us to spend time with Him. Forgot the news for awhile. Let the emails, texts and all messages stay as they are, waiting on the phone.

Give Him time. Just give them time.

And when you do…the discipline, connection, refreshment, fulfillment will come.

I think I got it. And them too.

Ahava and shalom,

Steve Martin

P.S. Enjoy this song by Leeland on YouTube: Where You Are


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA