Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ahava Love Letter - "Move Out To Move In" - Part II

Ahava Love Letter
“Move Out To Move In – Part II”
“…for where your treasure is, there will be your heart also.” (Matthew 6:21)
Dear family of friends,
Have you been wondering what the Lord did next, after He spoke His simple word to me this year, saying to “move out to move in?” Well, in case you did, I am keeping my promise to share that part too, for it is the best part! As Paul Harvey used to say on his national USA radio program (OK, so that now dates me. You too if you remember him!) “Here is the “rest of the story…””
Jesus used stories to share truths. I first heard these parables growing up in Cedar Falls, Iowa back in the ‘60s. Sister Mary Matthew in 3rd grade at St. Patrick’s Catholic grade school would sing and share about them. (The “original” singing nun!) So when the Lord spoke to me about writing these Ahava Love Letters, just a few weeks ago, after my 10th  twelve hour return flight from Israel, I responded, “I will.”
Hearing His voice isn’t hard. It’s just that first we have to want to have Him give us His purpose and direction for our life, through His Word and Holy Spirit speaking to us. Second, we must have that desire to actually do something about it when He does speak to us. Surprises come, and adventures follow, when both occur.
Upon the take down, box up, and removal of my “Martin NASCAR Memorabilia Museum” as I called it, (which actually didn’t all fit into those 32, 17 gallon tubs - the big stuff had to be trucked out separately in my ‘99 Chevy S-10), His joy was increasingly rising in my heart. I literally got tears in my eyes when the posters of #24 came off the sidewalls (still working on the covered square inches of the drywalled ceiling) and I saw something that amazed me.
Under this “earthly treasure” were posters that I had begun putting up back in 1995, shortly after we had moved into the Lord’s provision here in the Charlotte/Pineville, NC area. Rather than taking the time to pull out the push pins used to secure these “garage decorative and insulating materials”, i.e. Christian concert posters, Billy Graham crusade poster at the Carolina Panthers stadium in 1996, etc., I simply put NASCAR prints over them. (Must be a man thing, right ladies? Just cover it up.)
Also buried under this heap of “rubbish” (I can call it that now) were posters of Israel, pictures of youthful days, and other items that I am not really wanting to admit I had covered up. (It wasn’t “sin stuff”, in case your mind went that way.)
And when I saw what I had done many, many years ago, not only did I share tears of joy on my cheeks for this “rediscovery of the covered walls”, but now I was experiencing drops of His heart even more deeper into mine, as I realized what I had done. I am so thankful for His grace and mercy, to have been given the come back.
Within another two days after the “out with the old and in with the “it was there all the time”” transformation, our former two car garage, then turned “man cave”, is now a really neat (my word for “cool”), room that will be used for prayer, worship with guitar and tambourine, singing beautiful music with my wife, and maybe even a home group gathering. Only the Lord knows what all He has planned for it, but that He does know brings sweet security.
The eight bookcases that just days ago held many $70 a pop diecast cars, now display the heritage the Lord has so blessed our family tribe with. Unboxed from at least three of our closets (can you hear Laurie singing the “Hallelujah Chorus” now, and not just because Christmas is next month!) were years of framed photos.  Family memories of my Dad and Mom (Louie and Lila); Laurie’s parent’s portraits (Otto and Lorraine); “Kodak moment” shots of  my seven siblings and I; individual shots (ones I mostly took of course) of our kids, grandkids, and even little Zoe, our four year old mini-Dachshund. All these are the ones that are really precious to me.
Behind the couch in my “man cave” I had twelve boxes of stuff still unpacked when I had left Derek Prince Ministries in 2005. When I opened each one up (I know my friends at DPM, both here in Charlotte and from the other offices around the world can testify), my collection of more neat things from our China trip, Israel trips with Christian Friends of Israel, and photos of staff I labored with, were unwrapped. These now fill several of the bookcase shelves.
Logo imprinted items (cups, pens, small signs) from my 14 years with Mahesh Chavda Ministries and All Nations Church (including mug shots of Art Maki, still a real friend over these past 24 years) are displayed in two sections.
Framed photos of worship team members that Laurie and I were joined with at ANC - Gilbert & Stephanie Crespo, Ron Bowen, Little Big Eagle, Bob Smith, Bob Sherrill, Bobby Hussey, Patti McPherson, Ruth Davis, Charlene Hoover, John Kirwin – will now “show and tell” our children and grandchildren of their spiritual heritage in the Lord. Other photos share with them  our eight hours of Friday nights’ “Watch of the Lord” worship, from 10 pm to 6 am, during the years 1995-2001 when we were involved. Those hours spent together tend to unite hearts together for eternity!
And we won’t forget the great times we had with conference worship leaders John G. Elliot, Tom Davis and Robert Stearns at MCM gatherings! Taking photos from the stage or platform, in between my tambourine beats, was real special.
Lest anyone forget, we now have on display one 8” x 10” photo of the “famous” Steve Martin & The Raiders nightclub band (hey, it lasted six months back in 2001! And for only three easy payments of $19.95, you too can receive one of our memorable, black and gray, fully insulated SM&R coffee mugs. But be quick! I only have 240 left! Ask for a discount.)
And finally, memories of my Vision for Israel days, having just ended on June 30, 2010, also have a shelf of snapshots and such, along with the Greetings from Jerusalem mugs, the Joseph Storehouse white hat Batya had done for the annual Succot Celebration registrants taking part in the Jerusalem March in 2009, and Barry and Batya’s family photo. (I know Ariel, now a top-notch IDF officer!)
Each of these relationships have a natural and spiritual history story that I can share with the grandkids sitting on my lap. (And now there is even room for them to play again in this precious “living room” space!)
After all is said and done, it is our relationships, those which He had and continues to bring into our lives – the generations of family; life-long USA friends; new ones in Israel, England, India, The Netherlands, and also Ephraim and the orphans he cares for in Accra, Ghana – that are most important. These are the precious ones (I love the word “precious” - for all you Lord of the Rings fans too) that will last for eternity, with Yeshua (Jesus) in heaven. These are the ones now on display in our “new” family gathering room. (And as for Jeff Gordon, #24, “I still love you man!” Go for 5!)
Enjoy those whom the Lord has given you to share life with. Give thanks, especially on this upcoming “Thank The Lord Day”. Forgive often, practice patience and understanding daily, and put the Lord Jesus Christ, the soon to be returning Messiah and King of Israel and the nations, forefront and above all. He has your best in store, in His heart, for you.                                                                
Ahava, my family of friends,
Steve
P.S. It is a joy to hear and read how these Ahava Love Letters are bringing encouragement to others too. Sharing the love!  One e-mail back to me last week read, “Thank you for the "Ahava" letter received this morning.  Not only is it wonderful reading, I've been greatly encouraged in my own situation at this time.  All of it sounds so familiar as I face the present changes in life.” (Jerusalem reader) You are free to forward and share these Ahava Love Letters. I look forward to hearing from new friends who have also received these now.
©2010 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc. P.O. Box 470035 Charlotte, NC 28247-0035    704-806-6934       www.loveforhispeople.com    martinlighthouse@gmail.com          stevemartin@loveforhispeople.com  Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People    Twitter: martinlighthous  and  LovingHisPeople
Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  Tax deductible contributions receive an e-receipt for each donation sent to the office address above.                                                                                                                                                    Ahava Love Letter  #4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA