Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ahava Love Letter - "Labyrinth"

  
                     
    Ahava Love Letter
                “Labryinth”
“In the Messiah, in Christ,
God leads us from place to place
in one perpetual victory parade.”
(2 Cor. 2:14, from THE MESSAGE)
Dear family of friends,

Lately I’ve been pondering on a prophetic word I received on Nov. 14, 1998. It was given to me through a man during a conference, with two other prophetic gifted people sharing also. Here is the word he spoke to me, in part.

“Steve, have you ever seen that little game when you were a kid, called Labyrinth? It’s a board game that has about 50 holes in it, and you try and maneuver a marble through. You can tilt the board four ways as you try to maneuver this marble without going into the holes. I feel like that’s a picture of your life. It’s like the Lord has said, “How many are there who will pursue all the way through to the end?

I feel like He’s found that in you. He’s found somebody that will pursue to the end. I feel like you’re obsessed with the Kingdom of God, and some people are going to come against you in that, not meaning to be critical, but they have come against that – almost that obsession that you have. But in your heart you’ve said, “Yeah, I am obsessed with the Kingdom, because everybody is obsessed with something.”

After hearing that “labyrinth” word, I honestly had no idea what he was talking about. But time would tell.

In looking back over these past 14 years, I feel like I have been that marble rolling around, searching for the exact hole to fall into. Let’s see…six churches, employments with three ministry organizations, several worship teams. Some would look at me and say I am just a wanderer. (But I have been married 34 years, lived in the same house the past 17 years now, and have kept on a steady Christian course.) I think I am realizing what that prophetic word meant, to be a picture of that labyrinth game, in my walk with the Lord. And though at times I must admit that I thought I was just going from “hole to hole”, I now more clearly see the Lord’s hand in it. Can you relate too?

Some of us won’t settle for the mundane, the normal routine, the everyday life that others would and may already have accepted. We are ones who are continually looking for His purpose and fulfillment in our life, and are willing to keep looking, to keep searching, to keep “rolling on” until we find it, and above all, pursue Him.

I expect there will be a few more places that I will be led to. That is exciting, and yet challenging at the same time. But I am committed to stay in the labyrinth maneuvering, all the way through to the end. Hope you are too.

Ahava to my family of friends,

Steve Martin
Founder/President


Love For His People, Inc. truly appreciates your generous support. Please consider sending a monthly charitable gift of $5-$25 each month to help us bless Messianic Jews in Israel. You can send checks to the address below. Todah rabah! (Hebrew - Thank you very much.)
©2012 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc.  12120 Woodside Falls Rd. Pineville, NC 28134      


Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People       

Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople and ahavaloveletter 

Webpage: http://loveforhispeople.blogspot.com/         YouTube: loveforhispeopleinc

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  Tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation.

Ahava Love Letter #40   Date: Feb. 1, in the year of our Lord 2012    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA