Friday, December 16, 2016

I have something to repent of... Lance Wallnau






image
It is not often that I publicly repent for something... but I feel that I need to.
The gift of an entrepreneur is the ability to create wealth. It's the ability to create resources, tools and materials that fill a gap and meet a need that other people are willing to pay for.
When the Apostle Paul needed to, he made tentsLikewise, it is this entrepreneurial "tent making" gift that has funded and sustained my ministry for 20 years. Working in the marketplace as a consultant, trainer or executive coach has kept me sharp, relevant and able to produce real-world solutions to real problems faced by my audience.
Whenever I've faced the challenge of cash flow I would try to solve it by creating some new product, or pick up a secular organization to self-fund the ministry.
This season it's different. The 7 Mountain (7m) message has gone global and this year it took me headfirst into the cross hairs of the Media and Government Mountain's. It's one thing to talk about the Promised Land, but another to cross over and face the giants. In the end, we made history. It was Christians who made the decisive difference in this last election as 84% showed up and stood strong. What happens next? America has been given a gift of mercy - an extension of time - in the face of judgment. It should bother you that there is no cohesive strategy to keep those 84% of Christians engaged in the battle of ideas. While USA Today quotes me as one of the few evangelicals who predicted the future accurately, few are quoting me now as I urge believers to heed the warning - we only have a window of time!
This moment is not just an American "reset" - it is a global reset. I am getting calls from believers in other countries that see this as the moment to shift their nation. The truth is, I need to self fund these global 7m missionary events. Doors have opened into China and Africa but we don't have a big enough budget to send the team that is needed.
LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE
For the last couple of years Annabelle would say: "You do not have the resources to do what you need to do because you don't ask. You need to humble yourself and create an opportunity for those who believe in the ministry to participate with us. They know this work is legitimate. Tell them what you need. This is 100 fold soil to sow into - God will bless them! Just ask."
Repentance isn't always a sin of commission (something we did) sometimes it's a sin of omission (something we failed to do.) I think I've made it harder on myself by not teaching on the benefits and power of partnership. It's something I teach and practice but never share with my own audience. This is a sin of omission - and maybe a sin of pride. For some reason I was reluctant to share the burden of what we are attempting to do.
image
Lance Learning PO Box 2688 Keller, Texas 76244 United States (817) 431-4828

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA