Thursday, July 26, 2018

Uniqueness; Be Rid of Them All - Now Think On This messages and newsletter - Love For His People

July 26, 2018

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus, Yeshua.

First of all, let me thank you for reading my messages! The last two words I sent out a few weeks ago through email had almost 40% "opens", which means 40% of those who are on the list actually did open it and not simply delete it from their In Box. So thank you!

Just before I head north to the family reunions, I wanted to send these ones out. With the many hours on the road (18 highway hours one way), I am not sure when the next mailing would go out, so please take time to read these. I trust they will be an encouragement to you.

Uniqueness speaks of hairdos, t-shirts, and such things that we add to the uniqueness of who the Lord has made us. Each has a specialty no one else can duplicate.

Ever get tired of all the ones who "know it all" and are a critic of everyone and everything? I know I do. So I wrote about it - Be Rid of Them All

Still somewhat hot off the press is my latest book (#18) Hope - Founded in the Solid Rock which came out in June. I am sure you could use a bit more hope in your life. These messages may just add to your inspiration. I hope (pun intended) that you get a copy!

Be blessed with ahava (love) and shalom (peace),

Steve Martin
Founder/President
Now Think On This
Steve Martin
“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” (Psalms 139:14, NKJV)


People are indeed unique, and each person brings something especially different into the lives of those around them. Because we are all created in the image of God, His vastness and glory in creation knows no bounds. And thus each one of us, found throughout every tribe and nation, has a specialty about them that only they can bring to this world to share. This truly is amazing.

Working at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, North Carolina, specifically in the gift shop called Ruth’s Attic (after Billy’s wife Ruth) has given me a real opportunity to observe people, as often I stand behind one of the three cash registers to handle the product being purchased by the visitors. From foreign countries, from around the city of Charlotte, from all the states of the USA they come to see a glimpse into the life of the one who was known by many as the “World’s Pastor” during his 60 years of ministry, Billy Graham.

Whether they come alone, with a family or family reunion, in a church group, or as part of the many youth groups, school or camp, (we had over 120 kids come through one day this week alone), it really is a joy to see the many aspects, and creative ways, that these arrive for the “Journey of Faith” tour, walk through Billy’s youth home, or pay their respects at the gravesites.

I am convinced that in addition to the attire each decorates themselves with – be it in a fancy outing dress, a sports coat and tie, t-shirt and shorts – you name it, they show up in it. I am still deciding which t-shirt style is the most represented overall, such as the ones wearing their favorite sports team logo, the college logo of choice, or the ones donning a wide variety of sayings and images splashed across both front and back. The tally is ongoing. (Be sure to read the rest: Uniqueness)


Steve Martin

“You are not to curse God, and you are not to curse a leader of your people.” (Exodus 22:27, Complete Jewish Bible)

Amazing isn’t it how so many seem to know it all, especially when it comes to speaking out against those in leadership. They criticize our President for every move he makes; they rail at those who are called to serve in protection of our neighborhoods and cities; they decry the pastor for speaking a word that they simply can’t agree with because it stepped on their toes. Every office and place of employment has one or two who know it all, even about running the business they receive their income from, without knowing all the facts.

“Be rid of them all!” often seems to be the outrageous outcry from the masses, marching in every city in bellowing pride and prejudice. With angry words, evil deeds and ammo that kills both soul and body, they shoot the backs of those given the role of leading themselves and others.

How foolish we have become when we curse those whom the Lord has put in power to govern and lead. Yes, we have become very foolish.

If you say you believe the Bible, and adhere to its words, then the verse about cursing our leaders should be taken seriously. Are we so high-minded to think that the eternal God who had those words written were only for the Old Testament times? I think not.

Regretfully, while acknowledging my own sin in times past, I have had my moments of speaking out against a boss, a pastor, an elected official, and even the one who wrote my speeding ticket. Out of my own arrogance and lack of respect, more than once have I spoken against those whom I should have had more appreciation and honor towards. But in my own foolishness I didn’t. I can see now where it had come back to bite me, when I was then in positions of leadership myself. (Be sure to read the rest: Be Rid of Them All)

Hope book cover
Just released!

by Steve Martin

It would be nice if you could run down to the local grocery store and buy a package of hope. After all, don’t we find we need it every day? A few good helpings daily sure would be nice.

It is not quite that simple to get, but hope is certainly possible to obtain, and keep. The way I have found hope is by believing the promises of the Lord Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMashiach, as put forth truthfully in the Bible. Through the centuries, the words written in the Word have proven accurate and life-changing in the very ones who have chosen to believe. I include myself among them.

The daily news will get you discouraged. The bank statement and monthly bills which come by mail or smart phone will drain you of your pursuit of happiness. One minute you are “up”. The next minute you hit a wall. What is it that keeps us pressing on to accomplish the good in life? Family and friends can be a good source to rely on, but even then those relationships can falter. We need more.

We need hope in our lives.

I would be graceful if you would support Love For His People by buying a copy for yourself, and one for a friend as a gift. (Birthdays and such!)

Be blessed, with the shalom (peace) and ahava (love) of the Lord.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.

Published June 2018. You can get it in paperback or Kindle.

Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134 USA

Love For His People
Love For His People, Inc | P.O. Box 414Pineville, NC 28134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA