Friday, August 7, 2026

“I Have A Problem With That” Steve Martin


I Have A Problem With That

 I was amazed once (actually, I have been amazed many times) but specifically when a typewriter repairman (yes, they did exist a few decades ago and I typed 150 words a minute) came and checked out my office machine.

When done, he typed, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Or something like that. It was to test each letter to see if each was properly working, he said.

At first I thought it was a message to me, before he explained. Somehow though that stuck with me.

What now amazes me, among other things, is the explosion, literally, of ideals and actions taking place in our country these days, these past years in fact, directly opposite of what many of us believe. It is absolutely appalling.

Or more specifically, what is happening in the USA with the political upheavals and non-Judeo-Christian beliefs taking over large regions of our country.

Normally I don’t speak my mind about certain groups. I have many white, black, Indian, and even a Muslim friend or two. But to see when Islamic groups are winning elections, with the ultimate purpose of replacing our USA Constitution, tearing  down our judicial and governmental establishments of the last 250 years, I have a problem with that.

When politicians, teachers, news organizations and social “influencers” (somebody with a brain, so I guess Scarecrow qualified)…take over our truth channels and replace with ungodly, anti-Semitic, out to destroy family values, I have a problem with that.

“When good men do nothing, evil flourishes. But God calls His people to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him.” (cf. Book of Micah 6:8)

Our Jewish/Christian Bible states clearly, as follows:

  • Book of James 4:17: “Whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.”
  • Book of Proverbs 31:8–9: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves… defend the rights of the poor and needy.”
  • Gospel of Matthew 5:13–16: Jesus calls His followers to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world.

As a believer, supporter of Jews and Israel, conservative, Christian Zionist, patriot, or whatever label put on me, I will not sit by and watch our country being taken over by those who do not love and stand for what is truth, based on biblical principles.

No problem with that for me.

Ahava and Shalom,

Steve Martin

An American


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA