Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ahava Love Letter - "And The Shift Goes On"

Ahava Love Letter 
 “And The Shift Goes On”
 “... if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope
of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation ...”( Colossians 1:23)
 
Dear family of friends,                                        
Who was it that sang the song, “And the Beat Goes On?” As I began to write this, I couldn’t remember (senior moment) if it was Jane Fonda or Madonna (which I didn’t care much for either), so I looked it up with my three fingers on the keyboard.

In case you want to know, here is what Wikipedia says, "The Beat Goes On" is a song written by Sonny Bono and recorded by Sonny & Cher. It was issued as a single and appeared on their 1967 album “In Case You're In Love.” It entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart on January 14, 1967, peaking at #6. This song is incorrectly referred to as "And The Beat Goes On" due to the closing lyric adding the word "and" to the song's title.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beat_Goes_On) Yes, others like me got the title wrong. Sorry Sonny.

Why I thought of that song probably has nothing to do with what I am writing about, but then again maybe so.

There seems to be a place where some of us are at now, where there is "shifting," rather than the "beat going on." I know of many in the Body of Christ that are trying to sail on the high seas, but not sure where the wind is blowing them to. Or they feel more like they are "rowing up the small creek the wrong way." Are you one of them?

A man with a prophetic gifting, (I am very grateful for all of the Lord’s gifts), gave me this word on July 24, 2010. I was real excited when I first heard it. Now it is taking more faith than I thought it would to walk it out. I think some of you might bear witness to it also for yourself, so please read and be encouraged with where you might be at today, in your shifting times.

“I believe I hear the Lord is saying, “Did I say it, that I was calling you? Did I say that I was going to use you? Did I say that I was ordering your footsteps? Did I say that everywhere you walked you would possess the land? Yes I did. What I started in you I am willing and able to finish.”

I believe the Lord is saying He is going to complete what you thought He started in you a long time ago. Even those things you said that must not have been God, I must have missed it. I have a sense that you thought at one time that you knew just what God had called you for, and there was this purpose that you were working towards it, and everything was going that way. Sorta like the prophecy earlier about the water being thrown on the fire – that something just happened and things seemed to go off course.

I believe that God wants me to encourage you, that things have not gone off course, that He has not forgotten about you, that you have not gone astray. Everything is in God’s hands. His work is going to come to fruition just like He originally intended it to. That which He started is going to be finished and completed.” (Thank you again, Chas, for being a faithful one to deliver His “rhema” word! Love it!)

Read it again. Read it as if the Lord is saying that TO YOU right now. Let His Holy Spirit breathe life again into your moment of need, and be reassured of His guidance and provision.

And May His Holy Spirit continue to direct your steps in all your ways, as you too seek His face today. Lean on, no, cling onto Him even now. He is the Solid Rock on which we stand. Thank you Jesus!

Ahava to you my family of friends,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.

P.S. Our 2nd annual “Ahava Adventures” service trip to Israel is set, with flights, hotels, and ground transportation in place. On the date of  Oct. 29, 2011, only ten will depart from Charlotte (or join us in Philadelphia) to spend six days/nights in Jerusalem and two days/nights on the Sea of Galilee in Tiberias. Our Israeli friends will meet us there, as we further connect with the believers in The Land. This isn’t your “basic tour” time. We go where not many can, or would go, for we want to be more adventurous, more supportive, and experience even more what Israel’s people and land is about in this day and age. We do see spiritually and historically important locations, but our primary focus is to bless the ones living the day to day life there. Curious enough to find out further? Read the attached flyer and itinerary.
Can’t go yourself? Please consider sponsoring a friend, family member, or person in your church, especially of  “the next generation” age group. Trust the Lord to highly impact their lives for life, to impart to them a heart for His people that will never leave them, and give them an adventure they will never forget.  (Heh, it is tax-deductable for you too. In part or full, it doesn’t matter.)
One special note: When we are there in The Promised Land, we will spend time with three local organizations that serve the youth and so many more of Israel, each in their special ways. One is My Brother’s Keeper, founded by Dov Ben Zion Gellman and his wife Lyndee. They will be with us at the Beit Tikvah meeting on March 25, 2011. Friday night, 7 pm, Antioch International Church, in Fort Mill, SC. After meeting Dov, you will more than want to come see what he does first hand with the youth in Jerusalem!

Love For His People, Inc. truly appreciates your generous support. Please consider donating now on-line by clicking here http://www.loveforhispeople.com/ for our website’s “Giving Opportunities” tab, or by sending checks to the address below. Todah rabah! (Hebrew - Thank you very much.)
©2011 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc.  P.O. Box 470035   Charlotte, NC 28247-0035      E-mail: ahavaloveletters@gmail.com
 Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People       Twitter: martinlighthous  and  LovingHisPeople  
Blogger: http://loveforhispeople.blogspot.com/         YouTube: loveforhispeopleinc

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  Tax deductible contributions sent by mail or given on-line will receive an e-receipt for each donation, for you to print out. (Saves the ministry on postage!)  

Ahava Love Letter #17   Date: March 8, in the year of our Lord 2011    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA