Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ahava Love Letter (#48) - "Back To The Future"


 
Ahava Love Letter

"Back To The Future"

 
“And He said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” (Mark 16:15)

Dear family of friends,

The year 1980 was a good one, looking back now from my comfortable rocking chair I am sitting in. That young family of Laurie and I, numbering four, with our two wee ones Josh and Ben, headed east on I80 in northern Illinois, in our brown, four door Chevy Nova. We were moving to our new frontier land of Michigan.  

Our main purpose was for us to be involved with a church called Shiloh Fellowship in East Lansing (renamed around 1983 to New Covenant Christian Church.) My “other job”, to help pay the bills of course, was going to be at a Canon retail copier dealer, Hasselbring-Clark. Though my heart was to be working full time in a “real job” with a Christian ministry, this was the Lord’s plan for me now - to work in the “secular marketplace” while living my life as a believer. Someday I was hoping to have that “real job” with a ministry. 

As office manager of the business, headed by Ellis and Noelle Clark, together we experienced its growth multiply from around 15 staff members to over 50, covering seven years. The day I left, exactly seven years to the day in August of 1987, was the start of the next 26 years of administrative, accounting and adventurous work with seven ministries. The Lord was giving me some of the desires He had put in my heart since I was a young Roman Catholic boy. 

In the summer of 2010, having traveled to Israel 10 times, plus China, India, and Trinidad/Tobago once each, I left my secure, full time, full benefits, well paying ministry position as a USA Director to start “Love For His People, Inc.” from scratch. I thought it would be a “step up” in the plan of the Lord. From His perspective, it was. From mine? Well, not exactly. To tell you the full story, I would need to write 50 “Ahava Love Letters”.  (I know you want me to keep this short.) 

These past three years He has taught me to continually give thanks, pray daily (literally) for our daily bread, and appreciate the quiet times with Him. (Those I had plenty of, as work didn’t materialize to “fill my time.”) 

Over this past “desert” period, in addition to having our small "Love For His People" ministry, I sought to connect with another ministry for full time employment. Surely this was the Lord’s plan too – to bring my experience, skills and character to one of the local Charlotte, NC ministries of INSP TV, Billy Graham Evangelical Association, Sid Roth’s Messianic Vision, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse, MorningStar with Rick Joyner, or the Charlotte Rescue Mission. I think I remembered them all where I applied/interviewed at! And then there were the "out of town" ones too, which included Israel.

I have discovered though, that after working those many years with seven ministries (Derek Prince Ministries, Mahesh Chavda Ministries/All Nations Church, Vision For Israel, Covenant Keepers, Samaritan's Purse, Charlotte Rescue Mission and Antioch International Church) that the Lord has put me back in the "marketplace." I now know why. 
 

People “out there” need the Lord! Just as Steve Green sings his beautiful song, “People Need the Lord.”  (YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iccU-87Km-M ) 

Jesus (Yeshua) has given me His love for those I now work with at an organization in uptown Charlotte, as an accountant. It is this realization that they need Him too, as I have come to know Him. So much of His love and provision, that brings excitement to my soul and spirit.  

And as my good pastor and friend, Peter Wyns of Antioch International Church has said, “I have received my next marching orders.” 

And yes, you guessed it. I am headed “back to the future.” 

Ahava to my family of friends, 

Steve Martin

Founder/President 

P.S. Lest you might think otherwise, our ministry of Love For His People, Inc. certainly continues!
 

Love For His People, Inc. truly appreciates your generous support. Please consider sending a monthly charitable gift of $5-$25 each month to help us bless Messianic Jews in Israel. You can send checks to the address below. Todah rabah! (Hebrew - Thank you very much.)
©2013 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc.  12120 Woodside Falls Rd. Pineville, NC 28134     

 
Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People  
 
Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople and ahavaloveletter   


YouTube: loveforhispeopleinc 

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  Tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation.
 
Ahava Love Letter #48   Date: In the year of our Lord 2013 (04/01/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA