Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jewish Terror Victim Meets His Arab Savior

Jewish Terror Victim Meets His Arab Savior

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 |  Israel Today Staff
Moshe German nearly lost his life earlier this week when a mob of rioters attacked his car at the entrance to the Arab town of Taybeh. Tragedy was narrowly averted by the brave and kind-hearted action of local resident Majdi Baloum.
A day after the attack, during which assailants torched German’s car, victim and savior had the opportunity to meet face-to-face in an encounter arranged by Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot.

Meeting in Taybeh not far from where his near-lynching occurred, German told Baloum:
“You don’t understand how moving this is. I was nearly killed while driving on this same road yesterday. …I thought about my wife…my sons… I thought my family would lose me. I tried to hide…but the mob continued to attack me, and in that moment you came up to me yelling, ‘come, come!’ …You saved me. I found it hard to comprehend what was happening, but I realized that you were afraid for my life. …Did you understand that you were saving my life?”
Baloum responded by comforting German. “Be at ease, friend. You and I are the same. Would you not do the same if I were in danger?” he asked.
Baloum, a 37-year-old father of five, gave his own recounting of that day’s frightful events:
“I saw a large number of youths gathering, shooting fireworks and throwing concrete blocks and stones. …Many came with their faces covered and I realized something bad was about to happen. When I saw they were [attacking] your car, I knew you had little hope of survival, and that you needed to be rescued, and fast. I raced toward you in my jeep and saw you trapped in the car. There was no time to lose. I opened the door and shouted for you to get out. I remember your face and hands were covered in blood.”
“I’m happy I was able to save you and return you to your family,” Baloum reassured his new friend, adding that he “wished the violence [between Arabs and Jews] would end already.”
PHOTO: Illustration
Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates from ISRAEL TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA