Saturday, October 10, 2026

“Why Ask Why” by Steve Martin

Why Ask Why?


Having had pneumonia the first three weeks of those 24 days in Jerusalem was not expected. 


Something one just never plans for, given the time we have in Israel doesn’t occur every day.


I guess I could do what comes natural and ask, “Why, God?” but then we don’t always need to know why, do we?


Have we not often prayed and declared with all our faith, “My times are in His hands!”


Have we not said, “I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8, NASB


We pray for guidance and protection. We ask for His Holy Spirit to direct our every step. We seek to know His will and walk in it.


And then the unexpected happens; that sickness, that accident, that moment or lengthy time of the “this won’t happen to me” happens to me.


So, what do we do? Moan and groan? Complain? Yell at the Lord for “not being who I expected You to be” and keep me from all harm, injury, and difficulties?


We are here for a certain time. We are called to walk as we know to do, heeding His Word and listening to His voice.


Even after decades of doing just that, we are not “guaranteed” the life of a perfect life. No beloved of the Lord has. 


We are guaranteed that He will always be with us and not forsake us.


We may not know why now. But someday we will. And in Him we shall trust everyday, until that day.


Until then we keep saying, “My times are in Your hands” and believe Him.


Ahava and shalom,

Steve Martin

Jerusalem 10.10.26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA