“The Bible tells us the future of Israel. The Bible does not tell us the future of America.” (Notes from my address to the Watchmen on the Wall pastors conference in Washington, D.C.)by joelcrosenberg
(Washington, D.C.) -- Today, I had the joy of addressing several hundred pastors from 43 states who are attending the "Watchmen On The Wall Conference" here in the American capital.
Family Research Council president Tony Perkins asked me to talk to the pastors, ministry leaders and wives about the importance of "Standing With Israel."
Here is the heart of what I came to tell them:
"The Bible tells us the future of Israel. The Bible does not tell us the future of America. Not clearly. Not precisely.
"Bible prophecy tells us that Israel will be reborn as a geopolitical nation-state in the last days of history. It tells us that Jews will return to the Holy Land from exile all over the world in the last days of history, and that Jews will rebuild the ancient ruins in the land of Israel. The Bible tells us that God is in the process of reviving and redeeming and rescuing Israel, and that one day the Lord Jesus Christ will come back to Israel and reign over the entire world from Jerusalem.
"The Scriptures, however, are not so clear about the future of America. And this is what concerns me. Today, America is in not simply in a season of decline. We are heading for implosion. After killing 57 million babies, we are heading for judgment. Could God pour out His Holy Spirit on America to rescue and redeem us? Could He give us another Great Awakening? Could He forestall judgment and revive our nation one more time? He could. He did it in the 1700s. He did it in the 1800s. And I pray He will do it again. But we must be honest: He may not.
"This is America's most dangerous hour. We need to pray for repentance and revival. We need to plead for the Lord to grant us a Great Awakening. We need to humble ourselves before the Lord and pray and fast. But we also need to understand that if on top of all our other national sins and challenges our government turns against Israel and the Jewish people, we will seal our fate and judgment will come once and for all."
- Order The Third Target today.
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, and caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief – read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
- I’m excited to announce The Joshua Fund’s 2015 “Prayer & Vision Tour of the Holy Land.” Come with me and visit Israel & Jordan. Walk where Jesus, the apostles and the prophets walked. Study the Word of God. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all the people of the epicenter. Meet and worship with local believers. Serve the poor and vulnerable. Discover the Lord afresh, and even be baptized in the Jordan River. This is a journey that could change your life! Here are the details.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.