Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Prophecy: God Is Calling History Makers to the Prayer Closet - JENNIFER LECLAIRE CHARISMA MAGAZINE

Don't be afraid

Who will answer this call in their generation? (Flickr)

Prophecy: God Is Calling History Makers to the Prayer Closet






Two weeks ago I lay face down at Awakening House of Prayer, and the Holy Spirit showed me things to come—and it's not all good. That didn't surprise me, of course, but some of the things I saw shook me to the core.
If you've read my columns for any length of time, you know that I'm sober-minded but also full of hope. You know that I once saw a tsunami of perversion heading for America. But you also know that the Lord told me He will bring a Third Great Awakening to this nation.
As I stretched out on the carpet in the prayer room, I found myself grieving. The fear of the Lord struck my heart. I saw the persecution that is coming to America. I mourned over the blood of abortion that is on our hands. I pondered the eternal value of how I spend my time. I considered the failure of the church to be salt and light. And I felt the pain of God's heart.
Taking an Eternal Perspective
God wants to break out, break in and pour out His Spirit over America. But here's the issue: We're waiting on God to move, and He wants to move us. We're praying for God to send revival, but He wants to revive us. We're asking for an outpouring of glory, but we need an outpouring of repentance first.
JOIN JENNIFER ON FACEBOOK FOR SPIRITUAL COMMENTARY AND ENCOURAGEMENT. CLICK HERE.
I didn't sleep much that night as I pondered how so much of what I do makes no impact on anyone. I woke up early and prayed in the Spirit for over an hour trying to come to grips with the reality of where America is heading if we don't repent. We like to pray 2 Chronicles 7:14, but so many of us fail to live 2 Chronicles 7:14.
I watched David Wilkerson's video montage on anguish. I listened to Leonard Ravenhill's classics on revival. The Holy Spirit prayed through me with groans too deep for words (Rom. 8:26). I considered what love really is. After all, we can pray in the tongues of men and angels, we can prophesy with the best of them, we can feed the poor, we can have mountain-moving faith, we can even die for the sake of the gospel, but without love it's useless (see 1 Cor. 13:1-3).
It's true that "love suffers long and is kind; love envies not; love flaunts not itself and is not puffed up, does not behave itself improperly, seeks not its own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things" (1 Cor. 13:4-6).
Love also warns, but it does not seek to breed fear for profit's sake. Love makes intercession. Love stands in the gap and on the wall. Love has violent faith that presses into what God is saying and doing in this hour despite what it looks like. Love hears His voice and sounds the alarm. Love carries the burden of His heart and prays until something happens.
Overcoming the Reality of Now
That morning, while I was in my room praying, I heard the Lord say this:
"If My people who are called by My name would think more about life in 1,000 years than life tomorrow, they would make a greater impact in their generation. But the cares of this world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life and other demonic distractions have consumed many with the reality of now instead of the reality—of eternity.
"Millions die and go to hell every day because My people who are called by My name are not about My business. Rights and freedoms are lost, people murdered, lives destroyed, babies aborted because My people who are called by my name are not about My business.
"I am looking for those in this hour who will look up instead of looking back; who will cry out; who will press in; who will determine in their hearts to see My kingdom come and My will done on the earth—in your cities and families—as it is in heaven.
"I want to pour out My Spirit. I want to save souls. I want to heal sick bodies. I want to restore broken families. I am depending on you to rise up and fight on your knees like there's no tomorrow because for many there isn't.
"Who shall I send to the closet of prayer to shape history? Who will go for Me? I will show myself strong in your life. I will take care of your needs. I will bless you and keep you. I will show you things to come if you will partner with Me in the place of prayer. I will do it, and I will be glorified."
Who will answer this call in their generation?

For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!
NEW - Life in the Spirit is your Spirit-filled teaching guide. Encounter the Holy Spirit, hear God speak to you, and enjoy timeless teachings on love, mercy and forgiveness.LEARN MORE!
Did you enjoy this blog? Click here to receive CHARISMA MAGAZINE by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA