Sunday, October 28, 2018

LoveMusic! - Ghost - MercyMe (music video)

Ghost
MercyMe


October 28, 2018

Greetings LoveMusic! listeners. Back again after a few months on the road, on the job, on with life...

Today's song I hadn't heard until a year ago. I actually posted this originally exactly a year ago too, on 10.28.17. GHOST by MercyMe is quite timely, being many will soon celebrate a holiday filled with witchcraft, while at the same disguised as just fun and games. It isn't that at all. Many Christians have been deceived for many decades in regards to this.

My good wife Laurie and I were watching the recorded DOVE Awards in 2017 on the TBN TV channel, and MercyMe won Artist of the Year. I have liked their music and love for the Lord for a while, and have several of their CDs. They have been around 20 years. That I didn't know.

Earlier in the show, aired from Nashville, they sang their new song "Even If". I had never heard that one either, but I loved it! So I bought the MP3 to have the song on my playlist, but also to support them, as I often do with Christian artists. (If we want good ministry, we have to support them and others! Like Love For His People too, which I hope you will.)

As I listened back then to the downloaded album in the morning (at 3:00 am EDT), the last song was GHOST. My spirit rose inside of me. My heart got a little lighter. I hit the repeat button over and over again.

Maybe you will too.

Ahava and shalom,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA






Ghost - lyrics
There's a ghost
There's a ghost inside of me
Not like those drips in old bed sheets
Saying "trick or treat"
Different
Oh, this ghost is different
Not one that leaves me scared to death
But one that puts my fear to rest
Oh, holiness keep haunting me
Oh, you're my hope, you're my peace
Ironic in a way
I'm no longer afraid
And the ghost is to blame
There's a ghost
There's a ghost inside of me
Not something from some campfire story
Where I'm terrified to sleep
Opposite
This ghost is quite the opposite
He came just like a welcomed friend
And I was comforted
Oh, holiness keep haunting me
Oh, you're my hope, you're my peace
Ironic in a way
I'm no longer afraid
And the ghost is to blame
I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid
No longer afraid
Lead me through the darkness
Lead me through the unknown
Oh, lead me holy ghost
Lead me through the darkness
Lead me through the unknown
Oh, lead me holy ghost
Lead me through the darkness
Lead me through the unknown
Oh, lead me holy ghost
Lead me through the darkness
Lead me through the unknown
Oh, lead me holy ghost
Songwriters: Mike Scheuchzer / David Arthur Garcia / Solomon Olds / Robby Shaffer / Nathan Cochran / Bart Marshall Millard / Barry Graul
Ghost lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group, Music Services, Inc

LOVE FOR HIS PEOPLE sends regular monthly financial support to families in Israel, Pakistan, Northern Ireland, Nigeria and Kenya. You can help us help them by sending funds  through our website contribution. Please use the DONATE button on this blog's side columns or the tab at the top.

Love For His People, Inc. Give your online contribution using the DONATE buttons on our website HERE.

Checks from the USA can be sent to:

Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414

Pineville, NC 28134


Published on YouTube Mar 31, 2017
This song is from MercyMe's new "Lifer" album.
John 3:8 New English Translation (NET Bible)
8 The wind blows wherever it will, and you hear the sound it makes, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA