Sunday, November 25, 2018

How Your View of Eternity Affects the Way You Live Today - JANET PEREZ ECKLES CHARISMA NEWS


(Photo by Jeremy Perkins on Unsplash)

How Your View of Eternity Affects the Way You Live Today

JANET PEREZ ECKLES  CHARISMA NEWS
"I think I'm about to lose my job," a friend told me, "The writing is on the wall."

God Has a Plan for Your Life

"Goodness, I'm so sorry," I said. "If that happens, just remember that God has a plan for your life."
After a long pause he said, "I don't believe in God. I think man invented a god to use as a crutch."
He continued with his perception of evolution that in his mind erased any notion of God's creation.
I got a little bold and asked if evolution was indeed true, and if we "evolved" and eventually became a greater and greater "being," why is it we're not physically getting better and better every day? And why are we all aging and, without exception, we all ultimately die?
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
No answer.
So, I asked, "What happens when you die?"
"Nothing, that's it," he said.
Yikes! How's that for hope and for reassurance?
To live your life only until you physically die is like preparing and packing for a vacation only to spend it at the airport.
No one would do such a crazy thing.
But living with the notion that physical death is the end can only end up sinking in subtle hopelessness—no life after the last breath. No expectation of heaven where the best awaits. No joy anticipating all suffering to end.
How can we believe this life has meaning if we don't find meaning in God's promise when He says: "Truly, truly I say to you, whoever hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has eternal life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death into life" (John 5:24)?

My Friend Lost His Job

He stuck to his beliefs and found solace in his beer.
No judging here, because in my college days, I was just like him. When taking Insecurity 101, I deserved an A. Those insecure thoughts led me to find comfort in relationships, boyfriends and attention from the opposite sex.
No wonder God says we're lost until we find Him. Until we let go of our pride and welcome His passionate love.
Filled with that love, we face this world. Life doesn't turn perfect, in fact, it can turn ugly. It did for me. But glorious comfort came when I started hanging out with Jesus, relishing in His Word that sang to my heart and His genuine love that kept me company at night.
Then I could embrace the truth that no matter what happens or doesn't happen in this life, eternity is ours.
My friend believes there's only death after life. God says there's life after death. And to welcome us to that unending glory, He prepared a mansion in heaven. With the pen of Jesus' love, our name is written on the door.

Let's Pray

Father, thank You for the freedom to believe in You, for the security found in the promise of life eternal and for each moment's reassurance that we're drawing closer to the best. In Jesus' name, amen.
What truth dominates your heart these days? 
Janet Perez Eckles is an international speaker and the author of four books. She has helped thousands conquer fear and bring back joy.
This article originally appeared at janetperezeckles.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA