
July 28, 2026
Greetings to all.
My wonderful wife Laurie (*she said when I use the word “good” she thinks there’s also a “bad” one!) and I had a wonderful weekend in the Bryson City, North Carolina area over the last weekend of July 2026.
(*So being the good husband that I am…I listen and learn, even after almost 49 years of marriage!)
She had a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railway on her “bucket list.” Isn’t that saying from some movie of old men before dying? Just asking.
It was an enjoyable 4.5 hour journey through the Smoky Mountains. (They are called “smoky” due to the fog each morning covering them. Or so I think.)
Lakes, the main river, rafters, house boats…all could be seen as the 20+ rail cars followed the steam locomotive pulling us over the tracks.
Enjoy the videos! And a few of the 100 photos I probably took.
Shalom,
Steve Martin
P.S. I also enjoyed watching g the hummingbirds at our lodging location. The owner says there were 35 feeding the hour after I left my observation seat, when I watched 4-5. Wow! Such a delightful little bird, Lord! Thank You!
I love this song by Passion, “My Heart is Yours.” Watch the cardinals and hummingbirds as you listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.
Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA