Sunday, February 28, 2016

Soft & Tender - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Soft & Tender

Now Think On This
Steve Martin


“Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and because you humbled yourself before Me, tore your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the Lord.”
(2 Chronicles 34:27-28 NASU)


When I heard the Lord speak the word “soft” while I slept, I knew it was from Him. But then that was it. Just the word “soft”. What did that mean, and what would He have me write about it?

When I got out of bed about two hours later, I remembered the word I had heard. As I normally do in times when I am given a word, I asked the Lord to further explain what it meant. So I prayed in tongues, read some Scripture, and did a concordance search for the word “soft”. Surprisingly, when I went to my Bible software program on my computer, I realized the name of it was PC Study Bible V5, by BibleSoft. I have used this program for over six years, and had never really thought about the developer’s name. But I was getting somewhere.

The Lord Jesus (Yeshua) likes to do that. He gives you something, whether it is just a word, a picture in your mind, or what you might think of as just another “random thought”, which can typically be from the Holy Spirit, to see what you will do with it. He is wanting you to seek Him further, to dig deeper into your relationship with Him. As we pursue the Lord and His kingdom, He will show Himself more to us, and what are the plans and purposes in His heart, for you and the nations.

“It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.” (Proverbs 25:2, NASU)

So what did I find in my “gold digging” treasure hunt?

After doing a search on just the word “soft” in the Bible program, the verses that came up with that word in them didn’t really speak anything that I would think He was wanting to say. So I asked the Holy Spirit to further bring clarity, and the word “tender” came to mind. So I did a search on that word.

And this was one Scripture that did stand out above the others.

"But to the king of Judah who sent you to inquire of the Lord, thus you will say to him, 'Thus says the Lord God of Israel regarding the words which you have heard, "Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and because you humbled yourself before Me, tore your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the Lord.” (2 Chronicles 34:26-28 NASU)

In these dark times we are living in, when evil seems to be encroaching in every sacred area we have held dear, our own hearts can become hardened to people. Rather than praying for mercy and grace in their lives for repentance, I know personally sometimes for me my request to the Lord is to just send judgment and get it all over with. Enough already with the filth and wickedness.

But to know the Father’s heart in these times, I am the one who needs to humble myself before the Lord and continue to cry out for mercy for them and our nation. His heart is not for me to call down fire and brimstone, but to intercede on their behalf. That isn’t always easy to do. But it is the right thing to do, while leaving the judgment times in the Lord’s hands.

Because the Lord is a holy God, the days are coming when He will judge the nations for their wickedness and ungodly acts. That is truly written in His word. But until that day comes, my attitude and heart is to keep praying for my co-workers and neighbors who’d rather seek pleasure and wealth than the living God of Israel, to order to walk in His ways.

“Keep my heart soft and tender for Your ways O Lord” must be among my prayers. “Let me not give up in seeking Your face for the nations, until the time comes when You act according to Your Word.”

Together we can have the heart of the loving Father, and see more of the unsaved come into the salvation found only in His Son Jesus. His Kingdom will come when we do according to His will.

Now think on this,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.



P.S. I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. They might need it. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

We are blessed when the ministry receives gifts to support the families that we do, primarily in Israel, India, Pakistan and the hurting ones here in the USA. You also can share out of the abundance you have been given.

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA humanitarian organization started in 2010 to share the love of the Father in the nations.

If these messages minister to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $5-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families we know in Israel, whom we consistently help through our humanitarian ministry. Your tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.

Click here for safe ONLINE GIFT GIVING THROUGH OUR WEBSITE using major credit cards: Love For His People. If you don't have a PayPal account you can also use your credit card or bank account (where available). 

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc.  P.O. Box414   Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.)
Please share Now Think On This with your friends.

Email: loveforhispeople@gmail.com  
martinlighthouse@gmail.com

Facebook pages: Steve Martin and  Love For His People  
Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople 

Full website: Love For His People

Now Think On This - In the New Year of our Lord 02.28.16 - #247 –“Soft & Tender” – Sunday at 7:30 am

All previous editions of Now Think On This can be found on this Blog, and on the website: Now Think On This


Again, I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA