Thursday, May 17, 2018

God Will Make A Way - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

God Will Make A Way
Now Think On This
Steve Martin


“This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast…” (Hebrews 6:19, NASU)


There may be times when something totally unexpected hits us in our life as if someone just punched us in the gut when we did not see it coming. A great fear tries to overwhelm us; panic pushes from without to get at us from within; confusion and uncertainty attempt to overtake our assurance. When this happens, the anchor of our soul must hold strong. The hope we had known in our Savior’s arms must be the hope that now keeps us from falling, from turning back from pressing forward.

I remember the time in 1990 when I had given my notice to leave one ministry position in order to take one with another, that I had been waiting for, only to find out that the one I was going to had withdrawn the offer. My current office job already had someone coming to fill my place. With a wife and four kids to support, and now without a job, I panicked. Seeing this supposed upcoming position as the reason we had moved from the North to the far south in Florida, only to find out after three years that it wasn’t going to happen, was totally unexpected. It left me hanging. If it wasn’t for the grace shown me by the International Director of the ministry I had been with, we would have been without income, in a state far from family, and left with a dream that seemed to end up as a nightmare.

Don Moen, worship leader and songwriter with Integrity Music at the time, had just come out with his song, “God Will Make A Way” (1990). The cassette tape got totally wore out in my player, as I desperately sought the Lord, listening over and over again, hanging onto the hope that had been found in Him since my youth.

The lyrics were very comforting and brought assurance to my spirit.







"God Will Make A Way"

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me

He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

Oh, God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me

He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness, He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and Earth will fade but His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
Produced by Tom Brooks
Album Worship With Don Moen: God Is Good, Integrity Music 1990

This worship song was the constant reminder that I needed at that time - that my Lord Jesus was the solid One Who would make the way for us. He had always been faithful in our lives, and He would not let me and my family down now.

After a rough eleven months of holding on and seeking His will, where we almost made the move from Fort Lauderdale to Kansas City, Charlotte, or wherever I could find a job, I was encouraged when I was hired by the other ministry, in 1991. Ultimately both ministries then moved to Charlotte, North Carolina in 1994, and our family was part of that wagon train.

There have been other times where the solid anchor of hope proved to be shown strong and sturdy, keeping us from drifting in the open ocean of doubt, fear, and unbelief. God always did make a way, even in the darkest night and the loneliest of times. As we continually cling to His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us, our confidence in Him remains.

“Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6, NKJV)

Hope is one of the three, along with faith and love, that our walk with the Lord requires. With Him as the Giver of each, we can keep walking the walk, all the way into eternity.

Shalom and ahava (peace and love in Hebrew).

 
Now think on this,
  
Steve Martin
Founder/President
Love For His People, Inc.


Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter. Use the "Sign Up" button on our website, or go here: Sign Me Up!

If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$50 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
  
Secure, conveniently contributions can be done online now. Click here: DONATE 

(or use the DONATE buttons on the blog.)

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc. 
P.O. Box 414   
Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.) 



Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn.  We appreciate your help.


Now Think On This #350 - in the year of our Lord 05.17.18 –God Will Make A Way”, Thursday, 1:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA