Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Now Think On This messages - Intimate & Knots on the Rope by Steve Martin - Love For His People, Inc.

Nov. 28, 2018
Charlotte, North Carolina USA


Greetings family and friends.

Amy Grant sings a song, which came out several years ago, about needing quiet, silent Christmas. The hustle and bustle that many of us go through, with all the preparations for the holidays, wipes us out by the bedtime hour. In this first Now Think On This messages I share with you, I speak a bit about that. Got some time to read Intimate? Hope you do! Bedtime or early morning. Take your pick.

Have you ever said, "No" to the Lord? Like most of us who have walked in the Lord's ways, I think it happens quite a bit, if not out loud, then certainly in silence. "I'll pray about it" is not a good excuse anymore, and not the response He cares to hear, knowing we really don't mean it most of the time. He is looking for, and desire to hear, a "Yes, Lord" from us. Only then will we know His ways and walk in them.

My 2nd message, Knots on the Rope, is from a prophetic word I gave someone over 15 years ago. I can bet, it I was a better, that you need to read this one too. Please do so, by checking it out below.

Please don't forget us in your year-end giving. Providing for those making aliyah (immigrating to Israel) is becoming a big thing on God's heart. May you join Him in this end-time movement. We are helping those in Israel hosts those hearing and responding to His call. Click here for easy, online donations or address for checks: Love For His People contribution. Todah rabah (thank you very much.)

I also invite you to support this ministry and get Adventures in Courage , my latest book just published in November. I got my copies this morning - Hanukkah and Christmas gifts for many! Please see book details at end of this, below. I sincerely hope you will bless the work of this ministry, Love For His People, Inc., by purchasing a copy (or two!) I would most appreciate that. (Only $8.95.) If anything, buy it just for the more than 40 photos! (Purposely for the men who like to see rather than read!)

Happy Hanukkah! Merry Christmas. And yes, Happy New Year too!

Be blessed with ahava (love) and shalom (peace),

Steve Martin
Founder/President

P.S. We support Messianic Jews and congregations in Jerusalem and vicinity. Please consider a contribution today for this ongoing, monthly support. With Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas coming up, don't forget us on your list!

Click here for easy, online donations or address for checks: Love For His People contribution. Todah rabah (thank you very much.)
Now Think On This
Intimate by Steve Martin
Most people fear to be intimate. Decades of rejection, initially in our lives due to the separation we had with our God until new life, rebirth took place, kept us from having honest, soul to soul communication with Him and with each other. I know I do, struggling at times to express what I really want to. It’s that sense of uncertainty of what the other may think, feel, or want to share with us in return.

It is quite common I believe among us. We want to. We need to. But we somehow can’t. (Especially for us macho men!) So we have the small talk, the short quips, the “meet and greet” five minutes during the church service.

We are missing out on being intimate, especially with our Lord Jesus. And that is the One we really need to start with. If we can’t be intimate with our Creator, our Father, the One who gave Himself totally for us, how can we be intimate with one another? I am still seeking to find out what all is missing. The lack, I need. The love and intimate cup need to be filled more often than it has been.

There have though been real moments in being with the Lord, those times when touching His heart has just been a real, reachable joy. Those “almost raptured” times during God-filled worship in a large gathering of His people, when the anointing of the Holy Spirit just comes over us. It seems as close to being with Him that we may know, this side of eternity. It’s as if we just can’t hug Him enough; speak words of built-up heart thanks to Him; crawl up in His lap and sit, staying in His presence, not wanting to leave that place for a long, long time.

Sounds too heavenly, right? Not attainable you say? But it is.

Be sure to read the rest: Intimate


Steve Martin

This morning I brought in a few more items to add to the collection, including a small Bible I had in a black case. When I opened it (NKJV in case you ask) I found a few inscriptions, and several 3" x 5" note cards. The Bible I had received as a gift from Mahesh Chavda Ministries in 1994, two months before we relocated to the Charlotte, NC area from Fort Lauderdale, FL with that ministry and two other families.

I also found another note card, written by me on Jan. 18, 2004, of a prophetic word I received to share with another. As you read it, maybe it is for you too, even these 14 years later. (There's a "4" in there again...)

The word as written follows. You can also see the actual card photos below.

"The Lord gave me a word for a lady in Charleston, which may encourage others. I saw a rope, hanging vertically, with knots evenly spaced. At first, I had no understanding, but the Lord spoke to me the next morning in prayer, as to its meaning.

Be sure to read the rest: Knots on the Rope

by Steve Martin

"Everyone likes an adventure. Travel the world. See the sites. Live the dream. Steve Martin's "Now Think On This" messages provide you with inspiration to walk the journey that God intends for you to have. Enjoy the short chapters as you receive encouragement for your life-long adventures."

As I prayed about this book title, I felt the Lord impress upon me that He is a God of adventures, and delights in sharing them with us. He does not consider the Christian walk to be one of boredom.

It takes courage to step out in faith, to do that which is not obvious in the natural, but would be very obvious if we saw with spiritual eyes. Our faith must be expressed by doing without knowing the results, while trusting that He does, and will provide for us to complete our assignments.

Our God calls us to walk in the adventures He has. We must keep looking to and relying on Him to direct, provide, and encourage on the way.

It does take courage to walk in adventures. He gives us strength to complete the long journey we travel.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.

You can get it in paperback or Kindle.

Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134 USA

Love For His People
Love For His People, Inc | P.O. Box 414Pineville, NC 28134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA