Friday, December 21, 2018

Now Think On This messages - Three Choices. Or ALL! - Steve Martin



Dec. 19, 2018
Charlotte, North Carolina USA


Greetings family and friends.

During all the hustle and bustle that you have going on, I want to say "Thank you" to those who take a few minutes to read these messages. We each have gifts from the Holy Spirit He wants us to share. I am glad you take a few minutes to allow me to give to you what I have been given.

This time of year can be very good, beautiful, and excited for many, while at the same time others look on it with disdain, as they again experience pain and hurt. I understand both.

I really love and enjoy the gift of life given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which we can certainly live, but at the same time, I know that many aren't there, as much as they would want to be along with others. Our Lord knows where each is at, and He doesn't just pass over those who haven't gotten it yet. Out of His love for those, He touched me in a very real, deep way a few days ago, and had me write this: The Grief, Pain, and Sorrow of Holidays.

As the subject line says, I have three messages for you to unwrap. The second one is It's A Faith Walk. It doesn't have to be as Doris Day sang, "Que sera, sera, whatever will, be will be" in your walk with our Lord. He wants to give you clear and step-by-step direction in your life.

And finally, the one encouragement message I am most excited about is entitled, "Gathering Together", which not only talks about what is on the Lord's heart today for His people, but what He has given me as an event in the works for April 2020. We are living in a time where He is indeed gathering His people together, both in Israel and in His Body locally. Check it out right here:Gathering Together

As the year comes to an end shortly, be sure to give thanks for all that He has done in your life. Forgive often, pray for each other (Lord knows we need it!), and love those He continually brings into your path. They need His love through you, and in return, you will, even more, enjoy His love working through you. Share a little bit more than you did before.

Please don't forget this ministry in your year-end giving. Providing for those making aliyah (immigrating to Israel) is becoming a big thing on God's heart, and ours too. May you join Him in this end-time movement. We are helping those in Israel responding to His call. Click here for easy, online donations or address for checks: Love For His People contribution. Todah rabah (thank you very much.)

And hey! Buy my most recent book (my 19th in case you are counting) Adventures in CouragePlease see book details at end of this communication. May you bless the work of this ministry, Love For His People, Inc., by purchasing a copy (or two!) I would most appreciate that. One hardback is only $8.95. If anything, buy it just for the 40 photos! I always include these - purposely for the men who like to see rather than read!

Merry Christmas to all! Jesus came the first time as the Suffering Servant. He is coming again as the Lion of Judah. Be watching and waiting, while at the same time giving all you have while we have time. Our light must shine even brighter in the darkness that tries to overtake us.

Your reward in heaven is great, as you faithfully keep up the good work.

Be blessed with ahava (love) and shalom (peace),

Steve Martin
Founder/President

P.S. We support Messianic Jews and congregations in Jerusalem and vicinity. Please consider a contribution today for this ongoing, monthly support. With Christmas next week and the New Year to follow, I ask that you might include a financial gift to LOVE FOR HIS PEOPLEon your ministry giving list! (USA tax receipts are mailed out within the week of receiving each gift in our home office.)

Click here for easy, online donations or address for checks: Love For His People contribution. Todah rabah (thank you very much.)
Now Think On This
“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." (Psalm 91:14-16, NKJV)

Needing more photos frames for an idea I had made another trip to Walmart necessary (no advertising dollars for this plug given this way). By late afternoon I had completed my gift wrapping of 19 presents, fed the dog, ate the leftover chicken wings from a family Christmas party the night before, and told my good wife I needed to shut my eyes for a few minutes after she got home from her shopping.

Sitting in my regular prayer chair, I closed my eyes, anticipating a power nap. It didn’t happen.

This grief, pain and deep sorrow then came over me. I quickly realized it wasn’t any of my emotions coming to the surface, buried far below from days gone by. I had no reason to feel that, given the joy, peace, and love from God the Father in my life recently. Someone else was experiencing this.

Continue to read the full message: The Grief, Pain, and Sorrow of the Holidays


Steve Martin

It really is a faith walk. Not because we have faith in ourselves, our natural talents, or the Doris Day song in that movie, “Whatever will be will be.” Que sera, sera. Really? That is walking in faith? Anybody can say that. Most do. And where does that get them? (Thanks to Dr. Phil.)

Even putting our trust in that weekly paycheck, the stock market (up and down, up and down), or the retirement fund we spent years building and then lost in the last financial crash that occurred (and will occur again I believe) won’t work in the end.

So where is your faith? If tested, would it hold strong? Or is it like the house built on sand, only to crumble when the water comes in like a flood? I think you best find out now.

Be sure to read the rest: It's A Faith Walk

by Steve Martin

"Everyone likes an adventure. Travel the world. See the sites. Live the dream. Steve Martin's "Now Think On This" messages provide you with inspiration to walk the journey that God intends for you to have. Enjoy the short chapters as you receive encouragement for your life-long adventures."

The Lord impressed upon me that He is a God of adventures, and delights in sharing them with us. He does not consider the Christian walk to be one of boredom.

It takes courage to step out in faith, to do that which is not obvious in the natural but would be very obvious if we saw with spiritual eyes. Our faith must be expressed by doing without knowing the results while trusting that He does, and will provide for us to complete our assignments.

Our God calls us to walk in the adventures He has. We must keep looking to and relying on Him to direct, provide, and encourage on the way. It does take courage to walk in adventures. He gives us the strength to complete the long journey we travel.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.

You can get it in paperback or Kindle.

Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134 USA

Love For His People
Love For His People, Inc | P.O. Box 414Pineville, NC 28134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA