Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Why I Go So Often To Israel - Now Think On This by Steve Martin


Why I Go So Often To Israel

Then I will reverse your exile. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have driven you,’ says Adonai, ‘and bring you back to the place from which I exiled you.’ (Jeremiah 29:14, Complete Jewish Bible)


“So why do you go to Israel so often?” I was asked recently, after returning from my most recent time to that nation traveled many times to over the past decades. That was followed with the statement, “Your sister asked me”, from an immediate family member. I am sure they were wondering the same.

I am quite positive others have thought that too. “Well, he’s just a bit …..?” I must admit that that has been spoken by more than one too.

Why not spend the money on a dream vacation to Hawaii, or a week-long cruise to the Bahamas; or a rented car tour throughout France or other parts of Europe? Hey, why not even a night out at Wrigley Field, which some still hold dear to their hearts. That would only cost a mere $200 or so, depending on seats, food, parking, and more.

Simple answer: the Lord has given me that privilege, honor, and life’s purpose, and I know it clearly. Even before I was prophesied as being called as a “scepter for Zion”, when I was ordained in 2003 in the little town of Pineville (kind of like Bethlehem is to Jerusalem in size and distance, but in this case, Charlotte, North Carolina where we have lived the past 25 years, since 1994) it had been firmly planted in my heart.

“Privilege?” you write? “Called?” you ask? “Honor?” you say? What is a scepter for Zion anyway?
Let me tell you.

Since that cool, August night at the Mackinac Island, Michigan Christian conference back in 1978, 
having driven the long, long hours from our home at that time in Peru, Illinois, though East Lansing, Michigan, the Lord has put in my spiritual and natural being to connect with the land and people of Israel. When the great Bible teacher Derek Prince spoke eloquently and specifically about “Our Debt To Israel”, as Christian believers, something was birthed in my heart. And it has grown in size ever since. (Not to be funny, but the Lord changes hearts. Similar to the story with the fictional Grinch.)

Derek Prince with Steve & Laurie Martin Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 1988

Having been raised a Catholic, I had been wrongly taught that the Roman church was now “Israel”; that all that had been promised to the Jews and their Promised Land had been passed onto the ones Yeshua (Jesus) had called Himself to be His disciples (not pope) – Peter and His  followers. Starting just a few decades after His ascension, and definitely by 330 AD,  with the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great, that church organization has been trying to, and has accomplished much, in “de-Jewing” the very foundation of the Judeo-Christian faith.

Having falsely claimed this as the truth, the Replacement Theology theory, which I didn’t even know about until a few decades ago, has consumed the masses, declaring that the Church has replaced Israel and all the promises pertaining to it and the Jews.

That is what the Deceiver and Liar does – he twists the truth until people, in their accepting deception, can’t see the truth being eliminated, even as it is happening right in front of them.

So prevalent today in the societies of the nations worldwide, even that which has been rightly known as blatantly wrong is now considered right. Evil has replaced good as the accepted norm.

When it comes to Israel and the Land belonging to the Jews, as given to them by the Creator of the Universe, God Almighty, it has now been long taught throughout all reporting and newscasts that they, Israel and the Jews, are wrong, and everyone else is right. How absurd!

It is because He is right, stated for all ages in His Word, that I go to Israel so much. To stand with my friends the Jews while at the same time counting myself among those who do, and forever will, continue to do so, is a privilege and honor.

The Lord is returning His people to their Land. It is called aliyah. I see it. I know it. I stand with them in the midst of it, in the very land of Israel.

"For on My holy mountain, on the high mountain of Israel," declares the Lord God, "there the whole house of Israel, all of them, will serve Me in the land; there I will accept them and there I will seek your contributions and the choicest of your gifts, with all your holy things. As a soothing aroma I will accept you when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered; and I will prove Myself holy among you in the sight of the nations. And you will know that I am the Lord, when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the land which I swore to give to your forefathers.” (Ezekiel 20:40-42, NASU)

This is just one verse out of the entire Bible where He proclaims, He will bring them back.

I believe God. I believe in His Son, Yeshua (Jesus). I trust the Third Person of the Trinity, Holy Spirit. Therefore, what They have had written about Israel, from beginning to end, I don’t twist and turn for my own theological purposes. I take it for what He says it says and go with it. 

That makes it right. No one or no other will change that.

One thing I can further be sure is this, that even as the rest of the world shakes, rattles and rolls, the Lord reigns, His Word is true, and those who stand committed to His purposes, knowing the end of the Book, will, in the end, see His long-time plans fulfilled.

Thank you, Yeshua. And thank You for the friends and relationships You have established, and continue to expand, as we bless Your people in Israel. The rewards promised are even greater.

Now think of this,

Ahava and shalom,

Steve Martin
Founder/President
Love For His People, Inc.

P.S. On May 10 I returned from my 20th trip to Israel. And guess what? I brought back for you my last 58 short videos I entitle “Walk With Me in Israel”. Watch them here on our YouTube channel: Walk With Me - Israel May 2019

Also, my previous ones from other locations are here also on YouTube: Walk With Me

If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
  
Please donate online safely through our website. Click here: DONATE  

(or use the DONATE  buttons on the blog.)

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc. 
P.O. Box 414   
Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.) 

                            
                           Order here: Amazon - paperback & Kindle          Oder here: Amazon - paperback and Kindle

Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and LinkedIn.  Others will be thankful you did.

Now Think On This #422 - in the year of our Lord 05.15.19 – “Why I Go So Often To Israel” – Wednesday, 4:30 pm


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steve for your steadfast faithfulness to G-d and to the Jewish people..and you are so right...It's a no brainer as it's in the Word of G-d, The Bible...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA