Monday, May 1, 2017

Jerusalem Log #1 - the First Day May 1, 2017 - Steve Martin


Jerusalem Log 05.01.17
Jerusalem, Israel
#1

Greetings from Jerusalem!

During my 13th trip to Israel I will be sharing brief logs as I can, hoping to give my insights while on this journey. I hope you will enjoy them!

I left Charlotte, NC on Saturday, April 29, 2017, flying American Airlines to Philadelphia and then onto Frankfurt. The flights were uneventful – the usual packed plane with little sleep those combined nine hours. After transferring onto El Al airlines in Frankfurt and completing the customs arrival at Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv late afternoon on Sunday, I obtained my Chevy Smart rental car and headed up Highway 1 to Jerusalem. Other than the stop-n-go early evening traffic, along with sections where I could go the allowed 110 kph, I noticed the major work on the highway had been completed since I was last on it a year ago. This time even the new tunnel near Abu Ghosh was lit up and in full use.








Knowing my way around the city of Jerusalem, I decided to drive through the bustling residential and city shopping centers rather than take the around route to Hebron Road, my lodging destination for the next five days. Good friends, whom I first met when they came to the Vision For Israel office in Charlotte, NC seeking some advice, are again putting me up for the 3rd or 4th time! They have been volunteers at a major Christian ministry here in the capitol city of Israel since 2009 I believe.

With Sunday being the first day of the week after the conclusion of Shabbat the day before, the streets and sidewalks were full of families, business people, students and tourists as usual. I am especially glad they have good city bus drivers here. Waiting at the stoplight corner, watching them make their right handed turns within inches of my car, makes me most grateful for their maneuvering skill.

Seeing once again the Jewish people, full of life and determination to live in peace, makes my heart grow with love each time I come. Having begun our ministry of Love For His People in April 2010, our main objective is to be a voice of support and assistance is seeing them fulfill the great call of the Lord God of Israel upon them. Being here readily confirms His prophetic words of bringing them back to the Promised Land, to be a witness to the nations. We stand with them fully.



Today I plan on meeting with a Messianic Jewish family of seven whom we have given much financial assistance over these past many years. The wife/mother has just completed a year-long cycle of chemo treatments in her fight against cancer. We last saw her a year ago in the local hospital when she first began them. A full recovery is expected!

As is my normal routine, I expect to take plenty of photos (averaging 300 a day whenever I am here) and videos to share with you. Using our social media connections on our blog (www.loveforhispeople.blogspot.com), Facebook pages (Steve Martin and Love For His People) and our YouTube channel (LoveForHisPeople), you can always follow along.

Ahava (love) and Shalom (peace) from Jerusalem!

Steve Martin
Founder/President

Love For His People




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA