Thursday, June 22, 2017

Anything To Talk About? - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Anything To Talk About?

Now Think On This
Steve Martin


“Pay attention, God, to my prayer; bend down and listen to my cry for help. Every time I'm in trouble I call on you, confident that you'll answer.” (Psalm 86:6-7 THE MESSAGE)


If ever there is anything you want to say to another, you generally find a way to say it. You want to communicate a concern, share a thought, bring some encouragement, or just let them know what happened in yours or another’s life today. So you talk to them.

Today that would be in person, by cell phone, text, Messenger, a Facebook post, or any app that has become available even since I wrote this message. You may even get a card or letter in the mail, but I think my generation may be the last one who does that. (Still use a postage stamp?)

If we have anything to talk about, we find a way to share it with another. We want them to know what we are feeling, sensing, seeing; be it a hurt or a joy; to give news of an upcoming event or a family get together. At some point we are going to communicate, one way or another.

At times we hold it in, but most often we somehow get it out.


Do you know that God in heaven isn’t far away, and wants to hear your voice, and you to hear His voice?  He wants you to get to know and talk with Him.

Many find that hard to do. They consider Him too busy, unconcerned, “He’ll never answer my prayer” type of being. Quite the opposite.

In fact, the Bible says, “…from heaven he caused you to hear his voice, in order to instruct you…” (Deuteronomy 4:36, Complete Jewish Bible) 

Even from His eternal throne, our Father in heaven speaks to us, hoping that we will in turn take time to talk with Him. His Father’s heart is to be open and available to us. He has plenty to say, if we are willing to let Him speak.


King David, before, during and after he sat on the throne of Israel, had plenty to say to the Lord. I like reading the Psalms because I have had the same emotions that he did. I am glad the Bible is honest, and tells it like it is.

“When I call, give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;
Now I'm in trouble again: grace me! hear me!” (Psalm 4:1, THE MESSAGE)

“Listen, God — I'm desperate. Don't be too busy to hear me.” (Psalm 54:2, THE MESSAGE)

“Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek." Do not hide Your face from me; do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.” (Psalm 27:7-10, NKJV)



Call it prayer, supplication, intercession, or all of the above - Our Creator, who already knows our heart and deepest thoughts, wants us to talk to Him about anything and everything. He is open, has His ear turned to us, and is waiting to guide us in the direction that will be best for our life.

Morning prayer times, evening prayer times, on the run prayer times – whatever and wherever – talk to the Lord and He will respond. It may be with a “Yes”, “No”, or “That’s for later” answer, but you will get one.



Pray in tongues; use a reminder prayer list; pray the Bible; talk with Him as your friend, out loud or within your spirit…you and I need this relationship developed with our Lord. And as Yeshua (Jesus) promised when He ascended into heaven, He sent His Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, to walk with us in our need, and the needs of others.


Jewish lady on plane to Israel reading prayer book. Photo by Steve Martin

Pray today. Pray tomorrow. Pray until the veil between heaven and earth is gone, and you are with Him for eternity.

This is part of the basics of life - communicating with God our Father.

Now think on this,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.



P.S. I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. They might need it. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

We are blessed when the ministry receives gifts to support the families that we do, primarily for those living in Israel, Pakistan, Northern Ireland and India, and the hurting ones here in the USA. You also can share out of the abundance you have been given.

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA humanitarian organization started in 2010 to share the love of the Father in the nations.


If these messages minister to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families we know in Israel, whom we consistently help through our humanitarian ministry. Your tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.


DONATE TO BLESS FAMILIES IN ISRAEL, PAKISTAN AND NORTHERN IRELAND.

Donate to Bless families in Israel, Pakistan and Northern Ireland. 
Love For His People, Inc. is a 501(c)3 ministry in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA