Saturday, December 22, 2018

Open Door - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Open Door
Now Think On This
Steve Martin


"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden wealth of secret places, so that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.” (Isaiah 45:2-3, NASU)


There was no special thing I was doing this Saturday morning at 5 am, except reading Don Moen’s new book entitled, “God Will Make A Way” (Emanate Books/Thomas Nelson, 2018). Off and on for over a month I had been picking it up and reading a chapter. At about the same time Stephen E. Strang had come out with his second book on President Donald Trump, entitled “Trump Aftershock.” (Frontline/Charisma Media, 2018). I had also finished reading one chapter of that one too before I picked up Don’s book again.

Each book (and of each man written thereof) is very different in several ways, but specifically, both had been (and still are!) called to serve in our Lord’s purposes for the nations. One knew it early on in his walk with the Lord and has continually sought the Living God along the journey. The other will certainly get a very real, deep sense of what he is fully called to do, even though he has not quite known as yet Who is working through him. This plan will go way beyond even where his extreme confidence in himself has gotten him thus far.

As I was reading along as to how the Lord had directed Don in several ways he didn’t always understand, Holy Spirit started moving in me. Usually, when I receive a prophetic word, I begin to feel this bubbling start to rise in my stomach, as if butter is being churned up in a wooden bucket. (You have to have been on a dairy farm to understand that, as in Minnesota or Wisconsin for me.) I knew it was not the early morning coffee effect either. The Lord wanted me to write.

So I put down the book, not sure exactly what He wanted to be written, or for whom. I just knew something was coming, and to turn my computer on.

I got up from my prayer/reading chair and went into the other room, praying as I walked. “What, Lord? What am I to write?”

His response in my head, “Open doors. Let people know their open door is here. For many, it is right now.”

Thus this message. At this time. For you right now.

Prophetic art by James Nesbit
I sense that there are many of you who have come to where you are not sure you will, or even want to, continue on. You have prayed. You have waited. You have cried, saying to the Lord, “It will never happen. I will never get to that place where, and what, you put in my heart years ago. I wanted to get there then. Now it is too late.”

But the Lord Jesus would say back to you, “It is not too late. It is now the time. There were other pieces of the puzzle that had to line up, others had to get in place, and now is the time for that door to be opened. You have come this far. Walk through the door. Now is the time. Now is the place. Now is the plan ready to be fulfilled for you. Walk through the open door. In faith, walk through that door.”

As I write this, again Holy Spirit begins to stir up my spirit, and as I pray in tongues, I know there are specific people He wants to make known to that this specific word is especially for them. Kevin, Jesse, Ben, Mary, Julia, David, and more. Each of you has been waiting. Each has wanted a clear word. This is it for you.

And if your name wasn’t listed here, but you too sense the Lord touching your spirit as you read that word, then I suggest you too believe it is for you. Prophetic words often go beyond the one spoken too. They can be for many, as you hear and respond also.

Your faith, coupled with His grace, brings spirit-led results. Don’t doubt but believe.

Keep your eyes fixed on Him as you walk through your open door. Even in your weariness or seemingly lack of faith, in the walking you will experience His strength, power, and ability to carry out the mission He has called you to accomplish.

Now is the time to walk through the open door that He has now opened for you.

Thank you, Lord Jesus!

Shalom and ahava (peace and love in Hebrew).

Now think on this,

Steve Martin
Founder/President
Love For His People, Inc.

P.S. Want an adventure walking on short adventures? Check this out: "Walk With Me" video series with Steve Martin.

Also, I hope you get my latest book, Adventures in Courage, out this November. Paperback or Kindle versions. My 19th authored publication. (Yes, this is an advertisement!) Buy here on Amazon: Adventures in Courage

If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$50 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
  
Secure, conveniently contributions can be done online now. Click here: DONATE 

(or use the DONATE buttons on the blog.)

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc. 
P.O. Box 414   
Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.) 

Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and LinkedIn.  We appreciate your help.



Now Think On This #377 - in the year of our Lord 12.22.18 – “Open Door”  Saturday 5:55 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA