Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hi Ho Silvers! - Now Think On This message by Steve Martin - Love For His People, Inc

Feb. 7, 2019

Greetings my friends!

What a week it has been, as I write this and consider what the Lord has done! What else should we expect from our Awesome God, the Lord Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMashiach. I know of none other but the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He is so!

This past Sunday Laurie and I had the great joy of once again sharing the gift of music He has given us. When I sent out this testimony of that time, The Silvers Are Back!, our longtime friend Doug Goff wrote back with the words, "Hi Ho Silvers!" (I loved it so much I had to share his wording response with you.)

In that "Silver" message itself I include a dream our friend Lisa Antonson (always the first to respond to these emails!) wrote just a week earlier regarding our new location in life. You will have to read it for yourself here The Silvers... (See how I am trying to get you to click on the link?! I always loved being the older brother, teasing my five sisters growing up - Sue, Mary, Colleen, Janet and Lynn! All are loved and treasured to this day.)

Earlier this week I also posted my latest Now Think On This message, entitled, What Say You?Did you know that each of us will be giving an account of what comes out of our mouths? Yes we will. This message might give your further cause to be more aware of what you say. What Say You? When I dared others when I wrote last time to read something, they did. Will you now?

I truly hope these words I share through my Now Think On This messages encourage you. I know the Lord gives me the inspiration to write them, being He continues to do so, even with the most recent Now Think On This message being the 388th I have written since my return trip from Israel in October 2010. (Laurie and I are greatly looking forward to the May 1-10 Israel trip to visit our friends and encourage them with our support. My 20th trip in the past decades, bringing His love and joy.)

Be blessed even as you do so, with ahava (love) and shalom (peace),

Steve Martin

P.S. Our annual ministry board meeting, with our 17 members, is this weekend. As Founder/President of Love For His People, I completed our annual report in January, of the past year 2018. I rejoice at how many are interested in reading it, seeing how the Lord enables and always provides, as we are faithful with what we have been given.

We are very transparent in how the finances are received and given out. Most people want to know that, so they have trust as they give. See what we have done with His provision and empowerment to bless Israel and His people in the nations.

Look here: 2018 in review

Now Think On This
Now Think On This
Steve Martin

“Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, "Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead." And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus answered and said to them, "Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.” (Matthew 17:9-12, NKJV)

After more than 21 years...it is time to be back. 
The silver-hairs are BACK AT IT!

I just want to share this testimony, for it has become a fulfilled hope and promised day for us. I strongly believe it will also be an encouragement for many others who think the time has come and gone.

On Feb. 3, 2019, Laurie and I were once again on a Sunday morning church worship team. It had been almost six years since the last time that had happened.

By then it had gotten to the point where we thought our time was done. The days were over. The years had come and moved on. We didn't sing in public since August 2013 - the last time with our group Ahava Love Band at a One New Man Saturday night meeting with Warren Marcus.

In fact, at times we considered, if not aloud but to ourselves, "Let the others do it now. I've done my part. I am tired, old, and time has passed." I can speak for myself, that this thought was just to cover up the longing I still had from the Lord to lead others into worship. And now that it seemed to have finished, I wanted the inner longing to stop. It almost was as if I didn't want to think about it, for it didn't seem that it would happen again.

The Bible speaks of that happening to others. They have a call from the Lord, they do it for a time, and then they are set aside; distracted into other areas, or just quit out of discouragement and "lack of use".

But the Lord has His plans, His purposes, and His faith, which is bigger than ours. If the time is not over with Him, then it is not over with us. That which He has put in each of us may have been buried for a while, and even considered as dead. But it is only taking more process time to pressure the soft coal into a hard diamond, more so to enable the finest to come forth, beyond what would have done if completed earlier ahead of its time.

And the rest of the story…

Another very important part of this restoration concerns the building that we sang in – the former Heritage USA/PTL Barn (Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker ministry). In November of 1997, I was the Administrator of All Nations Church/Mahesh Chavda Ministries (Mahesh and Bonnie Chavda), which had relocated from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to Charlotte, NC on July 3, 1994.

(Full details of this have been written in my book The Promise - One Man's Journey To See God's Word Revealed, published in April 2014 through Martin Lighthouse Publishing. Available by clicking on the title. Also, read more in my book Prophetic Stories - Signs Along the Way). See below.

Having administrated many conferences since the beginning of my time with that ministry, in August 1987, (a grand total of exactly 40 in the 14 years I served with them) we had scheduled a national conference with the then current owners of the former Heritage USA property, to be held in mid-November 1997. The New Heritage USA (as it had been renamed) Barn venue was the specific location. (Be sure to read the rest: The Silvers Are Back!)

by Steve Martin

Even as He spoke to the prophets of old in Israel, continuing through Jesus’ time on earth, and with the early church, the Lord is fulfilling His promise. His Eternal Word that He would pour out His Spirit on all flesh, and we would prophesy. Prophesy comes in many ways – through the spoken word, signs, dreams, visions, tongues. All are used by the Lord to speak to His people, give them guidance along the way, and show His provision for the plans He has for us.

As we walk along His path chosen for us, He desires to encourage and reveal His plans to us. He most certainly uses His Written Word. He also uses prophetic words. Here are a few that He has given to me. I am continually amazed at how He speaks, how He directs, and the assuring results of His guidance. We need the gifts of the Holy Spirit operating in these times. As the Bible says, He desires that all would prophesy, in order to assist believers in knowing His will, and speaking to non-believers that we serve an All-Knowing God, Who shows us the way.

The gifts of prophecy, seeing signs and wonders, and experiencing His love through His fascinating methods is for all. I hope you are encouraged in seeking Him as you read these stores of how He moved in my life. Steve Martin

Paperback or Kindle. Amazon Paperback $5.99 Kindle $1.99
Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134 USA

Love For His People
Love For His People, Inc | P.O. Box 414Pineville, NC 28134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA