Friday, May 15, 2015

Arabs Express Love for Israel on Facebook

Arabs Express Love for Israel on Facebook

JERUSALEM, Israel -- Israel is getting some support from an unlikely source: Arab young people in countries that are often hostile to Israel.
The Jerusalem Post reports an Arab Israeli IDF veteran set up a pro-Israel Facebook page to counter the anti-Israel sentiment that can be prevalent in some of these countries. He was surprised at the responses from countries such as Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
One Saudi woman wrote she'd like to "send a message of peace and love to Israel," saying Arabs should recognize that "Israel also has rights to the land of Palestine."
"Good evening. I am a young woman from Jeddah in Saudi Arabia," she says in the video. "I am a member of one of the better-known tribes of the Hijaz, and I am showing you Darajeh Square, a famous landmark in Jeddah. I'd like to send a message of peace and love to Israel and its dear citizens."
"I know it is surprising that a Saudi Arabian citizen sends a message to the people of Israel, but it is a basic principle of democracy that everyone is free to voice an opinion," she continued. "I hope the Arabs will be sensible like me and recognize the fact that Israel also has rights to the lands of Palestine."
And a user from Fallujah, Iraq, wrote, "I support the State of Israel and their army and nation, but in our country we are not allowed to express our opinions or we will get killed."
"I hope there will be peace between our nations, we love Israel, their people, and its army," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA