Wednesday, January 16, 2019

US 4 and No More - Now Think On This message by Steve Martin, Love For His People

Jan. 16, 2019

It's a new year, a new month (and already half gone!) and a new time. Hopefully, all have begun with new resolve in our hearts.

I began the season not with new resolutions, which I rarely ever do, but with a strong desire to keep moving in the direction the Lord has been leading. Though in some ways it has been like one has just completed a walk through dense fog, with the previous busy month of holidays just ending, but now clarity continues to come.

And thus I was inspired by the Holy Spirit to share this word, hoping it too will encourage you also to keep going forward With Even More ResolveRead it through.

In addition to that word, I want to encourage you to carry on in the disciplines the Lord has spoken to us and even gave His Son Jesus as our example during His time on this planet. Us 4 and No More reminds us to keep doing so we can keep going.

Knowing our Lord is coming sooner than we think - maintaining, and then pressing on - is vital for us to be strengthened in our purpose, calling, and the mission He has given to each.

Be blessed even as you do so, with ahava (love) and shalom (peace),

Steve Martin


P.S. As Founder/President of Love For His People, I completed our annual report on the year ending 2018. I rejoice at how many are interested in reading it, seeing how the Lord enables and always provides, as we are faithful with what we have been given.

We are very transparent in how the finances are received and given out. Most people want to know that, so they have trust as they give. See what we have done with His provision and empowerment to bless Israel and His people in the nations.

Look here: 2018 in review

Now Think On This
Now Think On This
Steve Martin

“For the Lord God helps Me, therefore, I am not disgraced; therefore, I have set My face like flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed.” (Isaiah 50:7, NASU)


The Webster dictionary gives these synonyms for the word RESOLVE, when used as a noun - decidedness, decisiondecisivenessdeterminationdeterminednessfirmness, granite, purposefulnessresolutenessresolutionstick-to-itiveness.

Resolve - something we must have in these days. Resolve - even more so must we possess in the days and years to come.


As our ultimate example and the One we are commanded to follow, Jesus knew He had come for a distinct purpose and was determined to complete the mission, at all costs. When the time came for Him to move on it, He did not flinch, back down, or seek an escape route out of there. He had the resolve, the firmness, the determination to do what it took to get the job done.

As the apostle Luke records in chapter 9:51, “When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem;” (NASU) Or as the NKJV translates it, “Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem.”

Isaiah did rightly prophesy about the Messiah Yeshua as written above, “I have set My face like flint.” That is exactly what He did.

To put this in full context, one must read the other verses that come before and go beyond that verse. It gives a wider picture of what He was committed to do.

"The Lord God has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning; He awakens My ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away. I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

For the Lord God will help Me; therefore, I will not be disgraced; therefore, I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed. He is near who justifies Me; who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who is My adversary? Let him come near Me. Surely the Lord God will help Me; Who is he who will condemn Me? Indeed, they will all grow old like a garment; the moth will eat them up."

As any toughened combat soldier, long before prepared to engage in battle; or the proven athlete, measured and strengthened through years of practice for his competitive field; or the years of perfected, intense time given the trained surgeon, now performing through the grueling hours in the operating room – these similar years of ourselves being trained, groomed, and prepared for this hour must show itself strong as we stand courageously and boldly in these days of increasing pressure to bow down and give up.

(Be sure to read the rest: With Even More Resolve)

by Steve Martin

Those who stand with Israel, and particularly Jerusalem, will receive the promised blessings given to those who do so. The ones who oppose the purposes of God for this people and land will receive the eternal judgment He also promises He will hand out.

Sharing this book, containing some of my experiences in Jerusalem, is a joy, and also a promise to always stand with Israel. 

You can get it in paperback or Kindle.

Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134 USA

Love For His People
Love For His People, Inc | P.O. Box 414Pineville, NC 28134

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA