Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ahava Love Letter - "He Knows Your Name"

Ahava Love Letter
 “He Knows Your Name”
“…and you shall call His name Emmanuel (God with us.)” (Isaiah 7:14)

Dear family of friends,

Have you ever wondered why the Lord has written so many personal names in His Word to us? Ever think about how you got your name?

On Monday, Dec. 6, 2010, after my regular time of reading His Scripture He so faithfully gave to the nations, through the Jewish people, still His chosen ones, I was overcome by His passion of love and care for each of us, as I sat in my brown, swivel prayer chair (the one my Mom gave me several years ago, after she got another one. I broke a back bottom spring in it three weeks ago, so it is a bit awkward now sitting in it. Oh well. Adjust as you can I have learned.)

Around 6:10 am that morning, I had just finished reading Nehemiah 7, as part of my daily routine reading on Mondays through Fridays. This was after reading more verses from Exodus, about Moses and his leadership, which I had also been pondering on lately.

When I reached the long list of names in this chapter from the book of Nehemiah, I was tempted, as I had often done in the past when getting to long lists of names, to skip past the individuals. Mainly because I can’t pronounce them anyway. Even silently in my head.

But then the Holy Spirit stopped me. (I love it when He interrupts my Bible reading to tell me something special.) He quietly and simply said, “Read the names.”

“Ok.” So I did.

It reads, “These are the people of the province who came back from the captivity, of those who had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and who returned to Jerusalem and Judah, everyone to his city. Those who came with Zerubbabel were Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum and Baanah.”

Ok, I thought. I made it through this first list. I could say about four of the names. I felt I had accomplished something.

“Keep reading,” He spoke again.
I quickly glanced at the next page and a half. There were a lot of names! This would take me at least ten minutes to get through them all, I thought, if I try to think about how to say them right.

“Keep reading,” He quietly nudged me again.

“Ok”, I spoke back from my spirit. So I continued reading on, giving a little bit more attention.

“The number of the men of the people of Israel: the sons of Parosh, two thousand one hundred and seventy-two… (Sidebar: have you ever noticed how accurate the Lord is too about numbers? Having done enough accounting for over 30 years, I have!); the sons of Shephatiah, three hundred and seventy-two; the sons of Arah, six hundred and fifty-two…” And the list went on for 57 more verses, before it also came to the listings of the exact number of animals, gold offerings, and such.

I finished the chapter. Closed the Bible, and started to pray. Monday is now our Martin family regular prayer and fast day (thanks sister Mary for setting and keeping this up!), so I started praying in tongues. My normal habit. (Holy Spirit knows the individual needs better than I do, even if written down in front of me on a prayer list.)

After a bit of time I received the thought to send out a few e-mails to beloved friends in Israel, Africa and India, to let them know I was praying for them especially that day too, for their encouragement. Then I wanted to post a verse on my Facebook page, so I picked up my Maxwell Leadership Bible again (New King James version) at 6:15 am, and thumbed into my Blackberry a posting onto my profile page. It was the following thought.

Why does Adonai name, by name, so many people in His Word? Another demonstration of His love. Same for you and me - He knows our name.

Holy Spirit spoke to me again.“Do you realize what I just had you write?”

“Well” I replied back, hoping it wasn’t a “trick” question and I’d get the answer right. “He knows our name.” (That’s a good thing, right?)

Within seconds, my heart began to whelm up with overcoming compassion. Tears started falling from my eyes, and my chest moved a bit further out a few times. My nose started clogging up with (well, you know what…)

“He knows our name. He knows our name. He knows our name.” It kept being repeated in my brain.

From deeper and deeper the sobs came, as He had me consider all those people who were, even at that very moment throughout the world, asking themselves, “Does anyone even know my name?”, as they sat in despair, loneliness, depression, and utter discouragement.Does anyone even know my name?

More and more His love came over me. Intercession for those, through the sobs and all.

“He knows their names. HE KNOWS THEIR NAMES. Yes He does! Yes He does! Yes He does!”, my spirit was reaffirming through me, as He ministered to them through this intercession.

After repeated times of this, I got up from my chair, went and blew my nose, and came back to thank the Lord for His love. His everlasting and ever present love that He is continually pouring out to the nations. To the individuals He created, and continues to create. And to you individually.

If you are one of those who has wondered at times (and who hasn’t?), or even now, asking if anyone cares, or even knows your name, and you have this God-given eternal desire to have someone express real love to you, for you, about you; for someone to really know who you are, even as simple as it may seem, to know your name, and your importance, and your very being… Let me reaffirm to you now, from the deepest part of my heart as I can; from the deepest part of His heart - HE KNOWS YOUR NAME!

He knows your name. Say it to yourself again. “He knows my name.”

And He loves you. He provides for you. He laid down His life for you. And He will ALWAYS be with you, as you call on His name. Jesus. Yeshua. Adonai. Whatever you know His name as, He knows yours.

Ahava to all my family of friends,

Steve


P.S.. Love For His People, Inc. monthly sends financial support to believers “on the ground” in Jerusalem, and to an orphanage in Accra, Ghana, cared for by my “adopted son”, Ephraim, a Messianic Jew. We also give as we can to assist a reliable work in Hyderabad, India, called Lighthouse Center India, founded by John Ebenezer. Please read his attached field report from Dec. 6, 2010 also.
We appreciate your special gifts. You can donate now on-line by clicking here http://www.loveforhispeople.com/, for our website’s “Giving Opportunities” page, or by sending checks to the address below.
Todah rabah! (Hebrew for” Thank you very much!”) And don’t forget to enjoy, appreciate, and thank Him for His love for you too.
©2010 Steve  Martin      Love For His People, Inc.  P.O. Box 470035   Charlotte, NC 28247-0035
 Facebook pages: Steve Martin  and  Love For His People    Twitter: martinlighthous  and  LovingHisPeople   
Blogger: http://loveforhispeople.blogspot.com
Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA organization. Fed. ID#27-1633858.  Tax deductible contributions sent by mail or given on-line will receive an e-receipt for each donation, for you to print out. (Saves on postage and envelopes!) Plus you too can bless others through your favorite ahava letterman!                                                                                                 Ahava Love Letter #6   Date: Dec. 7, 2010


John Ebenezer – Field Report
LighthouseCenter India
Hyderabad, India A.P.
Dec. 6, 2010

(Note: John’s message has been printed just as he wrote it. No edits have been done, for the purpose of you experiencing the actual report!  John has literally built 36 church buildings, trained the pastors to lead the new flock, and provided ½ acre of land next to the building to grow red hot peppers. That provides ongoing income for the pastors. At a remarkable cost of just $7000 each.
This is just part of what he has done over his 70 years of life thus far. Now I would call him an “apostle” if ever I knew one!  He is a remarkable man of God, just out there “doing the work.”
Love For His People, Inc . seeks to provide him with $100 a month to assist in the “labor” costs of birthing new life in the Hindu/Moslem villages! After reading below, think about how you can put good seed into good, productive ground.)

Monday, 7:27 PM (USA ET)

My Dear Steve,
shalom, praise the Lord. I have received many mails from you, as I am on the villages and  for rural evangelisem and having few meetings in 6 villages 13 people are saved by His grace and  6 young people committed for their life to Christ, and I was heled up on of the trial village for another tribal village,because the district was shutdown for the day by politcal groups,any how GOD is so good to me and I am able to travel next day,in this mean time I have baby dedications 6,and oe house warming service one all night worship at sulanagaram, praiase the lord there is agreat mirical in the village ast year we have fasted and prayed for one hindu family who have no children,now I saw them having a baby now thy are coming to our chruch past 7 months the same baby I did baby dedication,praise the lord, as I am again traveling to villages from 14th to 26th I will be at mucherla and other villages, on 25th I have to take worship service in 7 chruchs in the night and back home on 27th then 29 leave back for new year services the same 7 service to take in the night and will be  home on 4th jan,2011, on 6and 7th I have to go for my testes with doctor on 10th with reports I have to see my personal Doctor for check up,ten again I have travel on 15th to orrisa and chittsgarh because I have to see the new converts in two differnt village thy are all koyas tribe,very strong believers in the  past three years,even thou thy are very poor much happy in the LORD so I have take new year service with same groups make them happy ,with my visit in new year.by GODs grace one sister patrice ladson she gave me 500 dollars offering for the  new clothing for the christmas for the pastors and believers in the villages now I have aken 100 sarees and 60 astors dresses and 100 for men dress like  (pancha and shirt) which old people use not pants.any howGOD is good all the time HE provided for them  halelujah...thank you Jesus.
this cloths I give from the light house center India for the people in the villages,I thank you for your mails which I have gone through all it was encouraging and filled with love,still I am learing more from your letters,shalom.please let me know the dates of cathirnes marriage so we have to pay on that day at mcuerla church and other chruchs too,because many many people thy all love you so much praying for your ministry in india and  afirca, I am seeing GOD to provide house at hyderabad for the lght house center to  keep the children and  give them education and care let it come by HIS time  lets have HOPE  in HIM  all things are possible who BELIEVES IN HIM  allelujah. 
 please pray for India,I am so happy hat you have with Franklin graham which I have seen him first time you are the second time, please greet  all the partners from me and sister land all the family members of yours, I love to see them again GOD willing, may the JOY OF THE LORD WITH YOU ALL, SEASONS GREETINGS>
In His service

JohN Ebenezer

   Ahava for all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA