Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dream On - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Dream On

Now Think On This
Steve Martin


"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams,
your young men shall see visions. And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.” Joel 2:28-29, NKJV)


The white mini-van was picking up speed as it rolled backward. Soon it would hit the larger hill, making it almost impossible to stop before tragedy struck. But I had to try. I yanked open the driver’s side door and pushed the young boy sitting on the seat aside quickly. Somehow he had put it in reverse. The other kids in the vehicle hung on to whatever they could, as they started screaming with fear.

I grabbed hold of the stirring wheel, trying desperately to pull myself up so I could get a better angle at the brake on the floor with my right foot. Time was running out, and I wasn’t getting pumping the brakes hard and fast enough. I knew that the cases of soda stacked to the ceiling in the van’s backend only added to the problem, as the increased load of weight was only adding to the problem, pulling faster down by gravity.

And then I woke up.

Don’t you wish you could have a complete dream, or remember the ones you do get? This past season I have often prayed before going to sleep that the Lord would give my wife and me good dreams, of the supernatural kind, that would instruct us, or draw us closer to His purposes. I believe they have come, with more on the way.

Though I don’t have full insight into the interpretation of the aforementioned dream, I do believe, as Scripture prophesies, that men (and women) of my age shall experience dreams from the Lord. They will be prophetic and they will increasingly come as we approach these days, with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. A strategy is needed to fight the enemy, to be aware of his evil movements, and secure methods to resist his actions against us, which will be more necessary. Lives will depend on it. Dreams will be one method used to accomplish this.

In another recent dream my wife and I were on a trip – more recreational than ministerial it seemed – and my best friend showed up out of nowhere to accompany us. He lives in Illinois and we reside in North Carolina, and it surprised me more than anything when he appeared where we were. In this dream too I remember a vehicle of ours involved, which is a sign of movement to accomplish a certain task.

Again, I believe the Lord has plans and purposes ahead that He wants us to be aware of, and get be prepared for. Giving us dreams will be one way of fulfilling that goal He has for us and others.

"In a dream, a vision of the night, when sound sleep falls on men, while they slumber in their beds, then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction…” (Job 33:15-16, NASU)

While we sleep the Lord can choose to speak to us. I think it is partly because that is when we have slowed down enough to let Him speak! Our ears are more inclined to be open.

I am determined to continually seek the Lord each night, requesting Him to speak to us in our dreams. I know He wants to share, and I want to listen. I trust you do too.

Speak Lord!

Shalom and ahava (peace and love in Hebrew).

Now think on this,
  
Steve Martin
Founder/President
Love For His People, Inc.


Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter. Use the "Sign Up" button on our website, or go here: Sign Me Up!

If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$50 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
  
Secure, conveniently contributions can be done online now. Click here: DONATE 

(or use the DONATE buttons on the blog.)

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc. 
P.O. Box 414   
Pineville, NC 28134



Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.) 

Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn.  We appreciate your help.


Now Think On This #342 - in the year of our Lord 02.07.18 – “Dream On”, Wednesday, 3:15 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA