Monday, June 26, 2017

LoveMusic! Love For His People - Chicago - "(I'VE BEEN) SEARCHING SO LONG" with Lyrics



In 1974, when I was just out of high school, the rock band Chicago came out with a song entitled "(I've Been) Searching So Long". It became a very "instrumental song" the Lord used that year in my life and for some time beyond. 

It helped in my search for the Lord's will in my life. (Yes, the Lord used a secular song!)

Don't you have a special movie, song, or book that wouldn't be classified as "religious, holy, or even Christian", but you know the Lord Jesus used it to do something He wanted done in your life. It probably drew you closer to Him.

The Lord God Almighty can, and will use many things in our life to reveal Himself to us. He does it all the time with those "of the world", especially through movies (yes, Hollywood movies), because His love is that strong for the lost, and especially for you and I.

If you have not heard the song before, listen to the lyrics (or read them as provided.) Maybe you too have been searching, and the Lord will use this to speak to your heart.

Ahava (love in Hebrew),

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.






Click: Try here if link above doesn't show on mobile: Chicago - "Searching For So Long"

P.S. On Saturday, June 24, 2017, my good wife Laurie, son Ben and I had the joy of attending the Chicago/Doobie Brothers tour concert at the PNC Pavillion near Charlotte, North Carolina. I added some photos below, plus there are over a dozen video recordings (12 - Chicago and 6 Doobie Brothers) are on our YouTube channel. Click here: (Chicago - Searching So Long - live)




Charlotte June 24, 2017 

Chicago 50 years - 12 song playlist 
Click here: Love For His People/Steve Martin


Saturday, June 24, 2017 - Charlotte, NC PNC Pavilion 






Published on Sep 17, 2013

Lyrics added to screen (by request) of the video I made for Chicago's "I've Been Searching so Long."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA