Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"God Gave Me a Prophetic Dream That Changed Everything" - Ben Carson


"God Gave Me a Prophetic Dream That Changed Everything"
Ben Carson, West Friendship, Maryland
The Elijah List

"I really began to understand early in my life the incredible power of prayer and our connection to God, and what a difference it made throughout my entire medical career." – Dr. Ben Carson

(Washington, DC)—Dr. Ben Carson, retired pediatric neurosurgeon and recently announced Republican presidential candidate, gave a moving personal speech at the National Day of Prayer event in Washington, DC, May 7.

One key story he shared was of a prophetic dream that changed the course of his life while he was a pre-med student at Yale.

Failing his chemistry course, a prerequisite for medical school, he had one last opportunity to pull off a passing grade. But the night before his final exam, still not comprehending the material, he cried out to God for a prophetic move.

airlift"'Lord, medicine is the only thing I've ever wanted to do,'" Carson recounted his prayer at the breakfast. "'I thought that was what You wanted from me. And yet, it looks like I'm going to fail chemistry and I'm not going to go to medical school. (Photo via Charisma News)

"And I said, 'So would You please tell me what it is You really want me to do. Or, alternatively and preferably, work a miracle,'" he continued, eliciting chuckles from the audience.

After praying, Carson had picked up his Chemistry textbook, determined to learn the whole course overnight. But his efforts were futile, and he fell asleep.

His slumber, however, bore more fruit than his attempts at all-night cramming ever could. While he slept, God answered Carson's prayers with a prophetic dream.

"I was in this large auditorium," Carson described the dream. "Just me, and a nebulous figure working out chemistry problems." When he awoke early the next morning, the dream was fresh and vivid in his mind as he looked through his textbook.

"When I went to take the test the next morning, it was like The Twilight Zone," Carson said. "I opened that [test] book and I recognized the first problem; it was one of the ones I'd dreamed about. And the next, and the next, and the next."

"I aced the exam," he said to rousing applause.

"I really began to understand early in my life the incredible power of prayer and our connection to God, and what a difference it made throughout my entire medical career," Carson said at the end of the story.
Read more click here.

Dr. Carson is a prolific writer and author, having published eight books, including his autobiography, Gifted Hands, and two titles that were New York Times Bestsellers, America the BeautifulRediscovering What Made This Nation Great, and One NationWhat We All Can Do to Save America's Future, which was on the New York Times Best Sellers List for twenty weeks, five of those weeks at #1. Gifted Hands was the subject of the award-winning, made-for-television movie under the same title as the book in which Cuba Gooding, Jr., played Dr. Carson in the leading role.

To subscribe to The Elijah List go to:http://elijahlist.com/subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA