Monday, July 15, 2013

Lift my eyes up...



I will lift my eyes to the hills, from where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord the Maker of Heaven and Earth.
PSALMS 121:1,2

אֶשָּׂא עֵינַי אֶל הֶהָרִים מֵאַיִן יָבֹא עֶזְרִי עֶזְרִי מֵעִם
יְ-הוָה עֹשֵׂה שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץתהילים קכא:א,ב


eh-SA ay-NIE el he-ha-REEM may-ah-YEEN ya-VOE ez-REE
ez-REE may-EEM ah-doe-NIE oh-SAY sha-ma-YEEM va-ah-RETZ

Today's Israel Inspiration


This famous chapter in Psalms asks for God to provide 
assistance through all of life’s trying moments, but according
to Jewish mysticism, it contains a specific secret formula as well. 
“From where does my help come” in Hebrew is ‘from where does 
my עֶזְרִי come from." This is the same word used in Genesis when 
God creates Eve to be an כנגדו עזר/ a ‘help mate’ for Adam. 

Accordingly, Psalm 121 is considered to be particularly potent 
when praying for an appropriate spouse, as in "my help mate 
comes from the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA